Many photographers like to use low sensitivity shooting to minimize noise as much as they can. Particularly in the photography of starry skies, bright wide-angle lenses are often selected because they can efficiently collect weak light. The 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art has been developed as the ultimate large-diameter, wide-angle zoom lens by optimizing the standard specifications for photographing starry skies for full-frame mirrorless cameras. The uniform rendering performance and outstanding resolution to the edge of the frame make it the “definitive lens for astrophotography.” By utilizing the characteristics of the short flange focal length, this new-generation large-diameter zoom lens combines both compact body and unprecedented high-resolution image quality.
- Lens construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- Angle of view (35mm): 114.2-84.1°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 11 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance : 28cm / 11in.
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.3
- Dimensions (diameter x length) φ85.0mm×131.0mm / φ3.3in. × 5.2in.
- Weight 795g / 28.0oz.
- Case and Cover Lens Cap(LC850-01) supplied.