68years-lenses-sony STF™ delivers incomparable bokeh and sharpness
This 100-mm mid-range telephoto prime lens is a superb creative tool that offers outstanding G Master resolution plus innovative STF (Smooth Trans Focus) optics for magnificent bokeh. It features fast, precise, quiet DDSSM autofocus, and close-up capability up to 0.25x magnification. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization minimizes blur that can occur during low light or macro shooting.
Exemplary G Master resolution and bokeh
Advanced optics and design achieve extreme resolution and absolutely breathtaking bokeh that combine for overall performance that epitomizes the G Master concept.
Bokeh doesn't get better than this
This lens has been specifically designed to produce extraordinarily smooth, natural bokeh without vignetting. The result is naturally immersive depth and dimensionality.
Resolution true to the G Master name
Extreme image-wide resolution and sharpness fulfill the demanding 50 lines per millimeter MTF requirement that is the basis of G Master optical design.
AF that lets you concentrate on creating
DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive provides fast, precise, quiet autofocus, allowing the user to concentrate fully on capturing superlative stills or movies.
- Premium G Master series Mid-range telephoto prime
- Optical apodization (APD) element for magnificent bokeh
- Nano AR coating for outstanding clarity
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, highly precise focus lens control
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.85 m/2.79 ft (at "0.85 m–?" position); 0.57 m/1.87 ft (at "0.57 m–1.0 m" position)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.14 (at "0.85 m–?" position); 0.25 (at "0.57 m–1.0 m" position)
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 72
- WEIGHT: 700 g (24.7 oz)