Low QuantitiesPlease contact us to verify availability.
The Beachtek DXA-POCKET is a two-channel, compact audio adapter for camcorders or DSLR cameras. It is ideal for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. This adapter is designed to easily attach wireless mics and small, self-powered, camera mounted microphones such as the popular RØDE VideoMics that have unbalanced mini-plug connectors.
The DXA-POCKET is very easy to set up and use. The inputs provide for two mono mics or one stereo mic to be easily connected. Exceptionally low-noise preamplifiers provide very clean, wide bandwidth audio for full rich sound. This eliminates the need to rely on the camera preamplifiers as they are rather noisy at high gain. Dual trim controls allow you to adjust the signal levels independently – you can even set two different levels for a mono mic for both channels giving you a backup in case one channel is blown out. The bright, easy to see VU meters make it easy to set the precise recording levels for optimum results.
A really cool feature of the rugged extruded aluminum chassis is an integrated mounting shoe which can be used to either attach a wireless receiver or act as a cushioned hand grip with the supplied rubber insert. The handgrip makes hand holding small cameras much more secure and comfortable. The compact size of the adapter fits neatly under or over the camera for flexibility. Also included are two solid aluminum mounting shoes for the camera and adapter to give you plenty of mounting options. The optional BRM-1 Baseplate Accessory adds 15mm rails to allow you to add a matte box, follow focus or other rig accessory to your camera.
No other device gives you as many features for great sound and mounting configurations in such a small package as the amazing DXA-POCKET. Get connected today!
- Inputs: Two mono mini-jack connectors, One stereo mini-jack connector
- Output: Unbalanced stereo mini-jack with a detachable output cable
- Low Noise Preamplifiers: Exceptionally low noise circuitry for very clean audio, Wide bandwidth full rich sound
- VU Meter: Easy to read level meters indicate proper signal levels at a glance
- Trim Controls: Adjusts signal levels independently on each channel
- Chassis: Extruded aluminum chassis, Integrated front mounting shoe / grip, Removable top shoe, Mounts under or over the camera
- Input Level: Typically -60 to -30 dBu
- Output Level: -25dBu at 0dB on the VU meter (A/B switch set to A), -35dBu at 0dB on the VU meter (A/B switch set to B)
- Gain: +30 dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01% @ 1kHz, -30 dBu input
- S/N Ratio: 86dB @ 1kHz, -30dBu input
- Battery Type: One 9 volt alkaline or lithium battery
- Battery Duration: Over ten hours typical
- Dimensions: 5" x 2" x 2.25" (L / W / H), (127 x 51 x 75 mm)
- Weight: 10 oz (0.28 kg)