The BeachTek DXA-SLR ULTRA provides superb operation and ease of use to make capturing professional audio directly to your DSLR camera a snap.
New, powerful preamplifiers give you exceptionally clean audio with plenty of punch. Your audio will always be recorded in sync with the video. Direct audio recording eliminates the need to have a separate audio recording device and syncing the audio in post.
The DXA-SLR ULTRA is very easy to set up and use. The Neutrik brand combo XLR / ¼” inputs makes it easy to attach a variety of audio gear including wireless systems, mixers, sound boards and professional condenser microphones that require phantom power to operate.
The inputs are transformer balanced for isolation and enhanced circuit protection. Built-in VU meters makes it easy to verify the proper input levels at a glance, while the level controls allow you to adjust the output signal for optimum recording. Built-in fast acting limiters prevent distortion from overly hot inputs for worry free operation. The phone jack lets you monitor the audio from the adapter during recording, or camera during playback.
A unique feature of the DXA-SLR ULTRA is the sleek detachable rod support system to easily attach a matte box, follow focus and other gear for incredible versatility. Includes two 3? rods that are threaded on both ends. Extra rods can be simply threaded on to extend to any length needed.
The adapter mounts neatly to the bottom of the camera and can also be mounted to any standard tripod.
Everything about the adapter was designed to be extremely easy to use, from the ergonomic all metal chassis with nice rubber grips, to the bright easy to read VU meter and drift free volume controls. Nothing could be easier to use or provide better performance.
- Inputs: Two Neutrik combo XLR / ¼” connectors, Loop back for playback monitoring
- Outputs: Unbalanced stereo mini-plug jack for connection to the camera
- Headphone Monitor: Built-in headphone amplifier with volume control, 3.5 mm phone jack
- Phantom Power: Switchable 12V/OFF/48V phantom power for both channels
- VU Meter: Easy to read level meters indicate proper signal level for each channel
- LIMTERS: Fast acting limiters prevent distortion from overly hot inputs
- Gain Switch: High / Low gain setting for each channel
- Level Controls: Adjusts signal level output on each channel
- MIC/LINE Switches: Allows connections of microphones or mixers for versatility
- Low Noise Preamplifiers: Exceptionally low noise circuitry for superb audio, Wide-bandwidth for full rich sound
- Rod Support Base: Detachable, Includes two threaded 3” rods
- Playback Monitor: Provides an easy way to monitor audio on playback
- Power: Easily replaceable 9 volt battery, Low battery indicator
- Case: Sturdy die-cast aluminum enclosure
- Maximum Input Levels: MIC level (LO gain) +10dBu, MIC level (HI gain) -20dBu
- LINE level: +14dBu
- Output Level: -26dBu at 0dB on the VU meter
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01% @ 1kHz, -30dBu input
- S/N Ratio: 85dB @ 1Khz, -30dBu input
- Gain: LO 0dB, HI +30dB
- Phantom Power: Dual regulated 12 or 48 volt power supplies, Current to 14mA (direct short)
- VU meter: -18 to +3dB in 3dB increments
- Battery Type: One 9 volt alkaline or lithium battery
- Battery Duration: 3 hours typical with alkaline battery (no phantom), 8 hours typical with lithium battery (no phantom)
- Dimensions: 6” x 3.75” x 1.75” (L x W x H), (152 mm x 95 mm x 44 mm)
- Weight: Adapter 18 oz (0.51 kg), Rod Mount 8 oz (0.23 kg)