Please contact us to verify availability.
Professional photographers openly share what they need, want, and even don't want in a printer. Like stunning black and white prints with deep blacks and detailed gradations. A wide colour gamut that accurately reproduces even the most difficult colours. And at Canon, we listen.
Introducing the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000. A 17" wide format professional printer with an 11-Colour plus Chroma Optimizer ink system that does it all. Arguably one of the best printers we’ve ever engineered. Distinguished by a bold red line.
- ANTI-CLOGGING TECHNOLOGY:The FINE print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system. This generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging. Additionally, ink ejection conditions are precisely checked with sensors, and if a clog is detected, another nozzle automatically provides backup. In addition to preventing wasted prints due to clogging, this also reduces the frequency of which nozzle cleaning is required.
- SMARTER NOZZLES: Engineered with 18,432 nozzles and sensors that continuously monitor status and deliver optimum results.
- AIR FEEDING SYSTEM: The Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type. A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer. The Air Feeding system creates a printing environment that keeps a consistent height between the print head and the media being used. Variances in height can occur due to paper curl or variations in temperature and humidity. A consistent level surface leads to remarkable ink droplet accuracy and improved image quality.
- AIR FEEDING SYSTEM: A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer.
- SKEW CORRECTION: Skew Correction function guarantees that all types of paper, including thick fine art type papers, can be fed without the need for reprints.
- LUCIA PRO INK SYSTEM: The LUCIA PRO 11-colour plus Chroma Optimizer ink system satisfies the demands of the most critical photographer or graphic artist. Denser droplet placement provides a broader colour gamut and improved gloss uniformity for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing. Incredibly accurate colour reproduction, outstanding image clarity, and enhanced detail in darker areas distinguish each print. On fine art papers, higher black density renders even the finest shadow detail, for a print that becomes a work of art.
- 11-INK SYSTEM PLUS CHROMA OPTIMIZER: Utilizing new pigment ink with modified compositions and new colours, LUCIA PRO INKS have enabled a broader colour gamut and greater shadow detail reproduction in dark areas.
- LUCIA PRO INKS: Increased density of ink on the paper improves colour gamut. Even light reflection contributes to improved glossiness and image clarity. Contributes to anti-bronzing on glossy paper.
- BLACK DENSITY AND DARK SHADOW AREAS: Deep blacks, which make the image crisp, and precise gradation can be attained across all media types. On glossy media, light reflection off of a printed image is stabilized by the Chroma Optimizer and the newly formulated Photo Black ink. Overall, your images will enjoy an enhanced dynamic range.
- CORE TECHNOLOGIES: The print head, ink and image processing engine mounted on the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 provide high levels of image quality and productivity.
- WIDE COLOUR GAMUT: A new ink system adopts 11-colour inks and Chroma Optimizer ink. This system helps you achieve an improvement in colour-reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas. It faithfully reproduces colours and dark areas crucial for printing works of art. The newly formulated blue and magenta inks will help recreate the finest details when printing nightscapes and sunsets.
- NO SWITCHING OF BLACK INKS: On other printers, switching from Matte Black to Photo Black consumes a significant amount of ink and time. The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is designed to work seamlessly when changing media types. Matte Black and Photo Black inks have their own dedicated nozzles, so no switching is necessary. You can print on fine art paper then glossy paper with no worries, no changes, and no waste.
- FAST PHOTO PRINTING: At the heart of the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is a 1.28" wide print head. Expanding the printing area by 50% with each movement of the print head, print speeds are drastically improved. This increases your productivity through efficient high-speed printing.
- L-COA PRO: This high-precision control engine performs the high-speed processing of massive volumes of image data, generates the printing data, and controls the optimal ink layout for the purpose of achieving high resolution prints. It represents the brain of the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000.
- PRINT STUDIO PRO v 2.0 PLUG-IN: This powerful plug-in software provides professional photographers with intuitive printing solutions. New functions added provide enhancements to your printing workflow.
- Contrast Reproduction: By using this function in combination with the Digital Lens Optimizer included in Digital Photo Professional, you can print sharp, high-definition images without losing any of the qualities present when the image was photographed.
- Soft Proofing: Allows for visual proofing of the final print, taking into account for colour reproduction for a specific paper type.
- Improved UI: Enjoy intuitive operation and settings such as Favorites, History, and several Colour Adjustment Functions.
- Seamless Integration: Seamlessly works with leading image editing software programs.
- 16-bit Workflow: Allows for 16-bit processing of images to dramatically improve your final output.
- PRINTER MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS: Every detail in your print must be perfect, why not have the same obsession for your workflow? The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is precisely managed with these powerful management tools.
- Quick Utility Tool Box: Provides quick access to all the Printer Management Tools.
- Media Configuration Tool: Enables complete customization of the media menu in both the driver and the printer by re-arranging paper types, hiding unused media, and even creating a custom set of printer parameters for your preferred media. Adjustments such as print head height and vacuum strength can be manually entered and saved.
- Accounting Manager: Account for every sheet of paper and the amount of ink that was used. Accounting Manager allows you to accurately assign and track the costs of every single job.
- Device Management Console: The Device Management Console allows you to manage multiple printers, all in one convenient place. Monitor, control and calibrate imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printers regardless of location to ensure the consistency that you demand from your printers.
- Colour Calibration Tool: The Colour Calibration Tool enables you to ensure the quality of each and every one of your prints, regardless of which imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 in your studio you are printing on.
- imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- PFI-1000 Matte Black (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Photo Black (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Cyan (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Magenta (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Yellow (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Photo Cyan (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Photo Magenta (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Gray (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Photo Gray (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Red (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Blue (80 ml)
- PFI-1000 Chroma Optimizer (80 ml)
- Maintenance Cartridge: MC-20 (User Replaceable)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- 5 Sheets Photo Paper Pro Luster LU-101 (8.5" x 11")