Please contact us to verify availability
Be ready to take on the world. This pocket-sized compact comes with no-compromise high-zoom performance and super-fast AF, so you can capture every opportunity that comes your way—just the way you want—and fully unleash your creative self-expression.
- A pocket-sized camera with full zoom range – The camera's no-compromise, 24–200mm optics deliver superb image quality, which combined with high speed and pocket-sized portability makes it ideal for travel shooting or flexible professional work by even the most demanding users. In addition, Clear Image Zoom lets you further enlarge the centre of the image digitally up to twice as much (400mm equivalent) with almost no image degradation.
- High-resolution, compact optical design – New optics for the RX100 VI include eight aspherical lens elements with 13 aspherical surfaces for high resolution to the edge of the image, across the zoom range. Four AA (advanced aspherical) lenses correct spherical and coma aberrations, and two ED glass elements suppress aberration for high resolution even in the higher zoom range.
- Large apertures, great range of expression – Small F-numbers throughout the zoom range make it easy to achieve fast shutter speeds and large amounts of bokeh. Even at a focal length of 100mm, the maximum aperture stays at F4. This can reduce blurring in shots of fast-moving subjects, and it can also help portrait shots where the subject will stand out against a high degree of background bokeh.
- Optical SteadyShot™ – Advances in image stabilization deliver the equivalent of a 4.0-stop faster shutter speed at 200mm, compensating for camera shake during hand-held shooting even in telephoto or low-light conditions. Combined with the highly sophisticated optics design and advanced image processing engine, this contributes to the camera's excellent image quality.  SteadyShot OFF  SteadyShot ON
- Exmor RS™ 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor for speed – The 315-point focal-plane phase-detection AF provides extraordinarily fast, precise autofocus and tracking. Furthermore, the 20.1-MP (effective) 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 960fps super-slow-motion shooting — and an up to 1/32000 sec. super high speed anti-distortion shutter.
- High-speed BIONZ X™ image processing engine – With faster processing speed than its predecessor, the advanced BIONZ X image processing engine contributes to the camera's high image quality, supporting improved AF/AE detection, processing speed, face and eye detection, speed and accuracy, and minimised time lag on the viewfinder display.
- High-speed AF at 0.03 sec – Fast Hybrid AF responds in a super-fast 0.03-sec21, seamlessly integrating the superlative speed and tracking of focal-plane phase-detection AF with high-accuracy contrast AF. It boosts the camera's abilities to focus, track and capture sharp, clear, still images of subjects in all situations, even in the middle of fast dynamic action.
- Steadfast tracking with wide and dense AF – The RX100 VI's 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points cover approx. 65% of the image area, for coverage that quickly captures even small or fast-moving subjects. This works in conjunction with High-density AF Tracking Technology, densely concentrating AF points around the subject to significantly boost tracking performance of moving subjects.  AF points that appear on actual screen  AF algorithm (not shown on actual screen)
- Eye AF with excellent tracking performance – High-precision Eye AF, combined with high-performance AF tracking, provides helpful assistance with portrait shooting. It's effective even when the subject is looking down and away, or when faces are backlit or in partial darkness, and it keeps the focus on moving subjects' eyes when using the AF-C setting.
- AF-A automatically switches focus modes – In AF-A mode, according to such changes as sudden subject movement and brightness as detected throughout the shooting frame, the camera automatically switches between AF-S mode (Single AF: locks focus while the shutter button is pressed halfway) and AF-C mode (Continuous AF: keeps focusing on subjects while the shutter button is pressed halfway).
- Easy, natural Touch Focus and Touch Pad AF – With Touch Focus you can simply touch the LCD at the point of the image you want to focus on, so you can intuitively focus on subjects even at the edge of the frame, without reframing, for both still shots and movies. When using the viewfinder, use Touch Pad AF to shift focus smoothly and easily, simply by sliding your finger across the LCD screen.
- Shoot at 24fps with AF/AE tracking – The powerful combination of the Exmor RS 1.0-type image sensor and the BIONZ X image processing engine enables continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking at up to approx. 24fps for up to 233 frames. Key moments and fast action can be reliably captured.
- Upgraded continuous shooting operability – Continuously shot images can be displayed in the groups in which they were shot, and shots can be deleted or protected with one quick operation. Camera operability while data is being written to the memory card has also been improved; There is now full access to the Fn Menu and the menu button, and settings can be changed.
- Silent shooting for sensitive situations – You can mute the camera's shutter sound in noise-sensitive settings, such as gatherings in quiet restaurants or cafes. The shutter sound can be muted even during continuous shooting.
- Anti-distortion shutter – Fast data readout from the Exmor RS image sensor noticeably reduces distortion in images of fast-moving subjects such as a golf club being swung quickly. The Anti-distortion electronic shutter achieves shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 sec.
- Fast Hybrid AF for movies – Fast Hybrid AF also delivers precision tracking when shooting 4K movies. Phase-detection AF is effective over the same wide area as with still images, contributing to smoother focusing. AF drive speed and AF tracking sensitivity are also adjustable, so focus transitions can be tuned to match the scene and your creative intention.
- 4K movies recorded at full pixel readout – When shooting 4K (QFHD resolution: 3840 x 2160) movies with full pixel readout without pixel binning, the camera collects approx. 1.7 times as much information as is required for basic 4K movie output. This oversampling effect results in images of outstanding resolution with reduced moiré and jaggies.
- Supports the needs of HDR movie production – The RX100 VI serves a wide range of HDR production needs, with S-Log3, as well as S-Log2 gamma curves for colour grading in post-production, and a new HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) profile for instant HDR workflow. Movies played on an HDR (HLG) compatible TV need no colour grading to appear true to life, with no blocked shadows or blown highlights.
- Super slow motion up to 40x slower – The stacked CMOS sensor enables an extra-high frame rate of up to 960fps. Shooting at 200mm telephoto, it's possible to record impressive close-up super slow motion footage. Shooting frame rate and recording setting can be set independently for 4x to 40x super slow motion footage.
- Movie support for professional workflows – For more advanced shooting and production, the RX100 VI supports and is compatible with various movie functions typically found in equipment for professional use, including Picture Profile, Gamma Display Assist, Zebra, clean HDMI output, TC/UB, Rec Control, Marker functions and Proxy recording for simple net-based sharing and transferring to smartphones.
- Touch Shutter feature for easy shooting – For the first time in the RX series, the shutter can be operated by touching the LCD monitor, which now swings up 180° and down around 90°. Operation is intuitive and convenient, especially when shooting scenes from high or low angles.
- Extend still-frame capacity up to 30% – With the camera body power switched ON, the LCD monitor can be automatically switched OFF (either 2, 5 or 10 seconds after its last operation) to save power. Using this function can boost the maximum number of still frames that can be shot by up to about 30%.
- One-push Access EVF – Depressing the viewfinder pop-up switch on the side of the body makes the viewfinder instantly available with just a single action, and the viewfinder can be instantly retracted when not in use.
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ – The retractable Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder's sharp resolution (2.35-milliion-dot-equivalent), bright self-illumination and high contrast are excellent for previewing shots and adjusting settings accordingly. EVF eyepiece optics are treated with ZEISS® T* Coating to reduce unwanted reflections and ensure corner-to-corner visibility.
- Tactile and smooth control interface – A lens-mounted control ring permits pro-style manual controls such as selection of shutter speed, aperture and more for added creative control. Additionally, the zoom lever has been redesigned for maximum operability of the zoom lens, which is now controlled in two steps by the inclination of the zoom lever.
- My Menu your way – With My Menu, you can register menu items for instant recall and customize menus. The menu screen has been redesigned and you can make button assignments for up to 30 functions to retool the camera interface according to your shooting preferences.
- Location Information Link via Bluetooth® – Location Information Link makes the most of the RX100 VI. The camera can be paired with the PlayMemories Mobile™ app on a compatible mobile device to acquire location data, record it on still images and correct camera date/time and location. The PlayMemories Home™ app can be used on a personal computer to organize imported still images on a map.
- One-touch remote/One-touch sharing – With one-touch remote, a smartphone or tablet functions as a viewfinder/remote control. One-touch sharing transfers photos/videos to the device. Just install a PlayMemories Mobile app via Wi-Fi® to an NFC-enabled Android™ device, then touch the device to the camera to connect them. QR code compatibility allows connection with non-NFC smartphones.
- Convenient on-location rating and sorting – Ratings from 1 to 5 stars can be retained when images are imported into PlayMemories Home or the new Sony imaging software suite running on a PC, and this function and an image protect function can be assigned to a custom button. In-camera ratings and protection can be applied, reviewed and changed while you're on location or travelling.
- Imaging Edge software suite from Sony – Imaging Edge software suite can maximize image quality, improve production efficiency and help you finely adjust RAW-based images. Use its “Remote” to remotely control shooting while monitoring scenes via live-view PC screen; "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos; and "Viewer" to view, rate and select photos from a list of shots.
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC Adaptor
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap adapter
- Instruction Manual