Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
In pouring rain, tropical heat or a blizzard the extreme ruggedness of the Leica X-U makes it the perfect companion on any outdoor project or journey. As a shockproof, dust and water sealed expedition camera, the Leica X-U defies the elements with confidence and ease. Its minimised and intuitive handling guarantees you ultimate creative freedom and the
ability to react in a flash as opportunities arise. The rugged Leica X-U, its extra large sensor and a first-class lens, delivers pin-sharp and breathtakingly brilliant pictures under even the toughest conditions. Adventure photography starts here!
Shockproof and dust-sealed - Built for the toughest conditions
Here and now is the instant to capture the perfect picture in a sandstorm in Morocco or on the sheer rock walls of the table mountains of Venezuela. Make the most of the moment! The Leica X-U gives you the freedom to dive into any adventure without a care in the world. Shockproof and dust-sealed, it defies all the elements and even takes short falls in its stride. The result: breathtaking pictures!
Waterproof - Digital diver
The Leica X-U invites outdoor fans and snorkelers to discover the wonders of breathtaking underwater worlds at depths up to 15 metres and up to 60-minute dives! Not only this, the practical underwater snapshot button enables it to capture the wonders of the underwater world at the press of a button. The fast prime lens with an underwater protection filter delivers pin-sharp pictures with perfect resolution of even the finest details.
Rugged body - Tough performer
Windblown snow, sandstorms or torrential rain the X-U is the perfect companion, even under the toughest conditions. You concentrate completely on your subject. Your X-U takes care of the rest. Because the X-U is constructed with a perfectly sealed body with TPE armouring for ideal grip, a specially toughened protective cover for the LCD screen, top and bottom plates made from premium aluminium and a failsafe double locking system for the battery compartment and memory card slot. Whatever the situation: youll be ideally prepared for anything that comes.
Stylish design - Made in Germany
The stylish appearance of the Leica X-U was developed in cooperation with our partner AUDI Design. It skilfully combines robust, extremely high quality materials with the classic looks of Leica X cameras. The result: The camera possesses pure style and an aura of photographic exclusiveness. Its eye-catching design, made in Germany, simultaneously emphasises what counts: simple handling and self-evident precision. Dials in anodised aluminium and the integrated flash above the lens clearly illustrate the enormous attention to detail.
Controls and handling - Focused on the essentials
It appears from nowhere: a unique and unrepeatable moment. Yet it is gone almost as soon as it appears. Capture it! The minimised and intuitive handling of the Leica X-U gives you the freedom to react in a flash. The easy-to-use dials allow you to set the shutter speed and aperture in seconds. And, thanks to a wide range of practical automatic functions and a high-resolution, 3-inch monitor screen, the settings you need to capture the decisive moment are found in an instant, even in unfavourable light.
APS-C CMOS Sensor - Remarkably brilliant
The true character of the compact and lightweight Leica X-U is revealed by its exceptional picture quality. For its compact dimensions, the camera features an impressively large image sensor with a high resolution of more than 16 megapixels. The APS-C format CMOS sensor guarantees extraordinary brilliance, natural colour rendition, and exceptional resolution of the finest details, even in low light. The result: pictures in true Leica quality.
23 mm prime lens - Extremely fast
The Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens has an angle of view equivalent to a 35 mm lens in 35 mm format, with an impressive, extremely fast initial aperture of f/1.7 and exceptionally beautiful bokeh. This offers a wider range of creative opportunities, inviting you to explore the fascination of selective focusing. Further highlights of the lens are an underwater protection filter and the ability to capture pin-sharp exposures from infinity to a closest focusing distance of just 20 cm. Outstanding resistance to stray light and flare makes the X-U the first choice for all lighting situations no matter whether you are shooting architecture, landscapes, action or underwater scenes.
Full HD video capability - Capture those special moments
Individual photos are sometimes unable to capture the spirit and vibrant vitality of the most poignant moments in life. The full HD video function of the Leica X-U makes it easy to capture footage in cinema quality and preserve moving moments for eternity. The camera records video in a choice of 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 pixel resolution at 30 full frames per second in MP4 video format. No matter whether your clips are intended for professional movie productions or simply as home movies, the Leica X-U delivers high-quality results that perfectly capture every mood.
- Lens: Leica Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. (equals 35mm field of view in 35mm- format), 10 lens elements in 8 groups, 4 aspherical surfaces, UW protective glass
- System: Contrast-based
- Distance settings range: From 20 cm to infinity, automatic (autofocus) or manual distance setting, optional MF Assist function for distance settings
- Metering function: Single field, 11-field, spot, face recognition
- Sensor: CMOS sensor, size APS-C (23.6 x 15.7mm) with 16.5/16.2 million pixels (total/effective), format aspect ratio 3:2
- Resolution: Selectable for JPEG format: 16 MP - 4928 x 3264 pixels,12,2 MP- 4272 x 2856 pixels, 7 MP - 3264 x 2160 pixels, 3 MP- 2144 x 1424 pixels,1,8 MP - 1632 x 1080 pixels, DNG: 4944 x 3278 pixels
- Video Recording Format: MP4
- Video Resolution/ Image sequence rate: Selectable, 1920 x 1080p, 30fps or 1280 x 720p, 30fps
- Exposure modes: Automatic program, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, and manual setting
- Exposure metering: Multi-field, center weighted, spot
- Exposure compensation: ±3 EV in 1/3 EV increments
- Automatic bracketing: Three pictures in graduations of up to 3 EV, can be set in 1/3 EV increments
- ISO Range: Automatic, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, ISO 6400, ISO 12500
- White Balance
- Automatic, daylight, cloudy, halogen lighting, shadow, electronic flash, two manual settings, manual color temperature setting
- UW Mode: Accessible via separate button, adapts white balance and distortion correction to underwater conditions
- Shutter Speed Range: 30 s to 1?2000s
- Image Series: 3fps or 5fps, max. seven exposures at constant exposure frequency with DNG + JPEG Fine
- Operating Modes: Automatic, automatic/red eye reduction, ON, ON/red eye reduction, long-term synchronization/red eye reduction, OFF
- Flash exposure compensation: ±3 EV to 1/3 EV increments
- Flash operating range: (for ISO 100/21°) approx. 0.3 2.0 m, guide number: 5
- Flash recharge time: Approx. 5 s with fully charged battery
- Monitor: 3" TFT LCD monitor with approx. 920,000 pixels
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, multi-media cards
- Self-Timer: Delay time either 2 or 12s
- Operating conditions: Ambient temperature: 0° to 40 °C/32° to 104 °F (on land/underwater); max. humidity: 85 % (non-condensation)
- Water/Dust Resistance: In compliance with JIS/IEC protection class 68 (IP68) (in accordance with Leica Camera AG testing conditions), allows underwater photography in depths up to 15m / 49ft for max. 60 minutes
- Impact Resistance: In compliance with MIL-STD 810G, method 516.5 (in accordance with Leica Camera AG testing conditions)
- Power Supply: Lithium ion rechargeable battery, nominal voltage 3.7V, capacity 1600mAh (as per CIPA standard): approx. 450 exposures, charging time (after deep discharge): approx. 200 min., Model No. BP-DC8, manufacturer: PT SANYO Energy Batam, manufactured in Indonesia
- Charger: Input: 100 - 240V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.2A, automatic switchover, output: 4.2V DC, 0.65A, Model No. BC-DC8, operating conditions: 0 - 35°C/32°-95°F Manufacturer: Phihong (Dongguan) Electronics Co.,Ltd, Made in China
- Housing: Plastic core, aluminum upper and lower covers, flexible TPE reinforcement
- Tripod Thread: A 1?4 DIN 4503 (1?4)
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) Approx. 140 x 79 x 88mm / 5^33?64 x 3^1?8 x 3^15?32
- Weight: Approx. 600/635g / 21.16/22.4oz (without/with battery