Low QuantitiesPlease contact us to verify availability.
Lightweight wide-angle lens, fast autofocus, close focusing distance: with a 40-millimeter fixed focal length, this lens is excellent for the applications of a standard focal length as well as for typical shooting situations with lightweight wide-angle lenses. An all purpose lens that offers outstanding imaging quality, making it ideal for close-ups.
Thanks to its close focusing distance of just 24 centimeters (9.4 inches), combined with its moderate wide-angle imaging the CloseFocus lens (CF) is excellent for a host of different applications. Thanks to its high micro contrast and initial aperture of f/2, it can perfectly depict individual objects. The ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF on the camera ensures you’re always ready for the important moments – no matter what comes your way. And if you only want to carry one lens with you, this is the best one for your discerning photographer’s eye.
The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were specially developed for mirrorless, full-frame sensor cameras from Sony. They have been adapted to work with the camera to form a compact, lightweight system that doesn’t compromise on performance. The lenses are fully compatible with all E-mount cameras and offer not only fast, quiet autofocus, but also protection against dust and weather. For creative photography, the innovative OLED display shows the distance and depth of field to ensure the focusing range can always be perfectly set. The high-speed fixed focal lengths of the ZEISS Batis family offer flawless imaging thanks to their completely revamped optical design. The legendary ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating, combined with more than 125 years of experience in lens development and the latest technologies, ensure that every moment captured with a ZEISS Batis lens provides that exceptional ZEISS look.
- Focal length: 40 mm
- Aperture range: f/2 – f/22
- Camera mount: Sony E-Mount*
- Format compatibility: Full Frame
- Focusing range: 0,24 m (0.78 ft) – ∞
- Free working distance: 0,14 m (0.45 ft) – ∞
- Angular field (diag. | horiz. | vert.): 56° / 47° / 33°
- Diameter of image field: 43,3 mm (1.7″)
- Coverage at close range (MOD): 79 x 117 mm (3.1 x 4.6″)
- Image ratio at minimum object distance: 1:3.3
- Lens elements | groups: 9 / 8
- Flange focal distance: 18,0 mm (0.71″)
- Entrance pupil position (front of image plane): 75.1 mm (2.96″)
- Filter thread: 67mm
- Rotation angle of focusing ring: Focusing not mechanically coupled. Rotation angle depending on rotation speed.
- Diameter max.: 91mm (3.6″)
- Diameter of focusing ring: 78mm (3.1″)
- Length (with lens caps): 106mm (4.2″)
- Length (without lens caps): 93mm (3.7″)
- Weight: 361g (0.80 lbs)