Fírin is a variation of Fírinne, the Old Irish word for “truth,” which was coined during the Gaelic Revival in the late 19th Century. It means, “that which is real.” It signifies “being true to someone or something.” And it represents a promise from Tokina to photographers to help them capture the truth in their images with this revolutionary new lens.
With FíRIN, photographers can shoot with confidence, knowing that every image captured with their mirrorless cameras will be its own moment of truth.
- A Full-Frame, super wideangle lens that performs with perfect compatibility in terms of design and form factor when attached to a SONY A7 series body.
- The optical system adopts aspherical lens elements in the best positions in the optical design to reduce any type of aberration to a minimum in addition to 3 lenses molded from Super-low Dispersion glass that significantly reduces lateral chromatic aberrations.
- The FíRIN lens has the ability to transmit aperture, distance and optical information to the camera making this lens fully suitable for the SONY A7 series camera’s MF assist function, in-cameras 5 axis image stabilizations and in viewfinder electronic distance scale.
- A design devoted to manual shooting and cinema enthusiast that includes a wide manual focus ring, aperture ring and depth of field index bar.
- De-Click Aperture function suitable for cinema/video shooting.
- Luxurious use of high-precision Japanese-made metal parts and mechanisms.
- Focal Length: 20mm
- Maximum Aperture: F2
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Construction E/G: 13 elements in 11 group
- Coatings: Multi-layer
- Angle of View: 92.66°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.9 ft (0.28 m)
- Macro Ratio: 1 : 10.29
- Focusing Mode: Internal focus
- Aperture Blades: 9
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Maximum Outer Diameter: 2.7 in (69mm)
- Lens Length: 3.2 in (81.5mm)
- Sensor Size: Full Frame
- Weight: 1.1 lbs (490g)
- Lens Hood: BH-622 (Square, bayonet type)
- Mounts: Sony-E
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty
*Shipping options may vary depending on product availability, shipment size and shipping destination.