Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
Sigma's New APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is the second generation of this large aperture telephoto zoom lens now incorporating Sigma’s Optical Stablization function, OS, our own anti-shake system which makes viewing a stabilized image in the viewfinder possible for Sony and Pentax users if chosen. Two FLD glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass have also been added along with three SLD glass elements, all which provide excellent correction of color aberration. In spite of the additions of all of these features, Sigma has managed to make the lens more compact than its predecessor, measuring only 7.8” in length. For any serious photographer where the 70-200mm focal range is often the most important second lens to own after the initial standards lens or mid range zooms. The fast aperture is extremely useful and important in low light environments or when shooting fast moving situations where a higher shutter speed demands maximum lights thru the lens. HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 55.1 inches throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:8 The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus images. This lens is equipped with a petal-type hood. Its exceptional versatility as an all-around lens is perfect for journalists and wedding photographers. This latest version of the Sigma 70-200mm is well regarded for its outstanding image quality, light weight and ease of operation.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 100 to 300mm with most cameras
- Offers Sigma's OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for compensate for color aberration
- A lens hood, hood adapter, front & rear lens caps and carrying case are included with the lens.
- Lens Construction: 22 Elements in 17 Groups
- Angle of View: 34.3-12.3
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Mininum Aperture: f22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 140 cm / 55.1 in
- Filter Size (mm): 77
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:8
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 86.4x197.6 mm/3.4x7.8 in
- Weight: 1430g / 50.4oz.