Optimized optical design for digital SLR cameras.
Sigma launched first standard 50mm Macro lens in 1990. This was succeeded by the 50mm F2.8 EX Macro in 1998 which proved even more popular with photographers, benefiting from improved build and optical quality.
The advent of digital SLR’s requires optimum lens performance and therefore the very latest optical technology has been incorporated in the production of the New Macro 50mm F2.8 EX DG. This ideal standard lens sets the benchmark for digital SLR cameras.
- Lens Construction: 10 Elements in 9 Groups
- Angle of View: 46.8 degrees
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7 Blades
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 18.9cm/7.4 in.
- Maximum Magnification: 1:1
- Filter Size: 55mm