The SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 is a lightweight, compact, fast standard zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras, expanding the product concept of the popular SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 zoom lens.
In addition, portrait shots are made beautiful with the natural out-of-focus effect characteristic provided by the fast F/2.8 aperture. Additionally, a broader photographic expression through the use of faster shutter speeds as a result of the maximum aperture offers enhanced photographic pleasure. The lens boasts one of the best close-up shooting performances in the class of fast standard zoom lenses designed exclusively for digital cameras and featuring an F/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range, to ensure stress-free photographic shots at all focal lengths and distances.
- Lens Construction (Groups/Elements): 13/16
- Angle of View: 78°45'-31°11' (APS-C size equivalent)
- Type of Zooming: Rotation
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 7 (Circular apertures)
- Minimum Aperture: F/32
- Minimum Focus Distance: 10.6in.(0.27m)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:4.5 (at f=50mm MFD 0.27m)
- 67mm filter size