The Genie is a simple, portable solution for motion control Time-lapse + Real-time video. Designed to be part of your regular camera kit, with no external wires, batteries or controllers there’s no need to ever go without the option of motion control again.
SIMPLE. PORTABLE. GENIE.
The key to the Genie lies in its compact size, easy-to-use menu and extreme versatility. Rather than limiting yourself to a fixed length rail system or slider, simply attach the Genie to your existing professional gear or DIY equipment for smooth Motion Control Time-lapse + Real-time video control. For all you need to know about the Genie, watch the overview above!
The Genie gives you the flexibility of using two axis in one device. Either Use the Genie on a tripod for panning motion or on a slider for tracking shots.
Rather than creating an integrated motion control system that requires a specific camera slider we designed the Genie to work with all types of existing sliders. With just one click you can add amazing production value to your films. Once attached, program the Genie to perform motion control time-lapse or perfectly smooth real-time video moves.
WORKS WITH DIY
Imagine time-lapsing 100 metres between buildings in downtown New York or between mountain tops in the Himalayas. The Genie opens up endless possibilities for unlimited length time-lapse moves using its unique rope system. Build your own cable cam rig or attach the Genie to your old skateboard, dream up any shot you can imagine and add motion control with one click.
Compared to other motion controllers the Genie is incredibly portable allowing you to never have to go without the option of motion control again. With no external batteries, complicated wires or third party controllers, the entire unit takes up just one slot in your typical camera bag.
The Genie can be programmed to shoot motion control time-lapse or smooth real-time video. Video mode enables perfectly smooth tracking or panning shots eliminating human error and allowing repeatability so you can operate as a one-man crew for interviews or cutaway shots.
EASE IN / EASE OUT
Ramp the in and out points of your movement in both time-lapse and video mode to achieve smooth eased movement control.
Shoot amazing stars, people or clouds time-lapses straight out of the box! With the click of a few buttons you can start some simple time-lapses with literally no setup time using the Syrp preset menu. Alternatively create your own settings and save them down as custom presets to save you valuable on-location time.
Use the advance setup menu to create amazing HDR time-lapse. Set your camera to your desired bracketed exposures and let the Genie take care of the rest.
Shoot sunsets and sunrises using the bulb ramping feature which allows you to hold an exposed image throughout the entire time-lapse even when light is changing drastically.
In auto start mode you can set a countdown timer to begin a recording or alternatively set a time and date you wish to begin your shot.
- MAXIMUM SPEED: Linear (Siders) - 100cm / 25 sec, Panning (Tripods) - 360 degrees / 6 secs.
- POWER SUPPLY: Input : 240/110 50/60hz AC, Output : 15V 1.5A DC
- BATTERY: Lithium ION internal battery 11.1V
- PAY LOAD: 33lbs (15Kg). Based off operation on a slider along a horizontal surface.
- COMPATIBILITY: The Genie is compatible with 100s of different cameras including DSLRs, Mirror-less cameras and video cameras. For a full list of compatible cameras see the product - Link Cable. The Genie has a 3/8 UNC thread for attaching a Ballhead
- INTERFACE: USB Port (Firmware updating), 2.5mm camera remote port (link cable), 3.5mm Sensor port (IR emitter), 15 DC input (charging port)
- FIRMWARE: Firmware is user up-dateable, please check that your Genie is running the latest version by visiting the 'Support' section and clicking 'Resource or download'
- 1 x Genie
- 1 x Panning Mount
- 1 x Linear Mount
- 1 x 3 m High Performance Rope
- 1 x International Wall Charger
- 2 x Slider Mounts
- Ships with 1 x Free link cable added on checkout Better films!