Low QuantitiesPlease contact us to verify availability.
The STR-GH5 is a new form-fitting camera cage direct from Ikan. The frame is shaped to accommodate the Panasonic GH4 and GH5, with a mount on the bottom side of the cage frame that can be repositioned to accommodate the slightly different mounting points of the two camera bodies. The cage comes in three main parts: the top handle, the base, and the camera frame.
The top handle mounts directly to a true NATO rail, with two hard stops to keep it from sliding off of the rail should it come loose. There are 40 1/4-20 mounts on the top handle when it is bare, but the grip can be covered with Ikan grips or, if custom grips are needed, can fit most bicycle handles. A 15mm rod can also be inserted into the end of the handle and held in place with a 1/4-20 screw through one of the many mounts. A cold shoe mount is located at the front of the handle, near where it connects to the frame’s NATO rail. That rail can be loosened and re-mounted in several locations on the top of the frame to make room for audio adapters and other accessories.
The base is simple and sleek, with mounts for two included 15mm rods (200mm long) and both 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 mounting points for tripod quick release plates. The locking knobs are large and solid, and have a kipping function that allows tightening even when the knobs are partially obstructed. The base locks to the frame with an Arca-Swiss style connection, and there are hard stops on either side to allow safe horizontal positioning. The GH5-style base also comes with a sliding 1/4-20 mount for attaching and supporting lens adapters.
The camera frame is shaped specifically to the Panasonic GH4 and GH5, with cutouts on top for button and dial access. Room has been made on the left and right sides of the cage for access to memory card slots, A/V inputs & outputs, and remote port access. There is also a cutout on the bottom of the cage over the battery port, allowing for quick swaps without having to unmount the cage. The cable clamp on the left side of the cage is positionable and universal, and can be used to support cables nearly anywhere on the camera’s left-hand side. Finally, the Arca-Swiss style base connection is also compatible with many types of photo tripod quick-releases, which means that is can be mounted to a photo tripod instead of the tripod quick release plate if it is removed from the base.
- Form-Fitted to the Panasonic GH4 and GH5
- Arca-Swiss Plate Shifts to Accommodate Either Camera
- Arca-Swiss Plate Mounts to Cage Base and Many Photo Tripods
- True NATO Top Handle Mount
- Top Handle fits Ikan Grips and Many Bicycle Handles for Custom Grip Mounting
- Top Handle can Accept 15mm Rod to Expand Accessorizing Options
- Cut-Outs for Battery, Memory Card, and A/V Output Access
- Special Lens Adapter Mount Built-In to Base Front
- Mounts to Tripod Quick Release Plate with 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 Mounts on Base Bottom
- 1x 1/4-20 Mounting Screw
- 1x Cable Clamp
- 1x Cage Base With Static Rods And Lens Adapter Mount
- 1x Camera Frame For Panasonic GH4 And GH5
- 1x Top Handle W/ NATO Rail Mount
- 2x 200mm Rods (7-7/8")