Curbside Pickup AvailableFrom our 10805 107 Ave, Edmonton location only.
» Learn How!
In StockItem will ship in 1 business day.
The PlusX is the simplest PocketWizard radio ever and the perfect entry into the PocketWizard Wireless System.
How simple? Attach one PlusX to your camera, another PlusX to a remote flash using an included cable, set both radios to the same channel and start taking pictures.
The PlusX is compatible with all Standard Channel-capable PocketWizard transmitters and receivers, so it's the perfect companion for your existing radios and new flashes.
- 10 Standard Channels: With the PlusX’s 10 Standard Channels you can work in your own “zone.” Claim your own channel for exclusive triggering when working with other photographers at crowded events. Use different channels for different setups or looks and select them simply and intuitively with the turn of a dial. And these 10 channels are compatible with every PocketWizard ever made* set to Standard Channels 1 – 10. (* radios of the same frequency)
- Backlit Channel Dial: Setting channels is as easy as turning a dial. The backlit channel dial clearly displays the set channel and because the backlight consumes so little power, it stays on all the time for convenience.
- Internal Antenna: The PlusX features a durable, side profile design with an unobtrusive, internal antenna minimizing visual obstruction between you and your subject. By utilizing an internal antenna, there’s no chance to kink or break it when on location. The total height of the transceiver and antenna is less than 4.2 inches, and it weighs only 4 ounces, including batteries.
- Easily Connected / Cable Port: On your camera, the PlusX slides into the hot shoe with no cables required. For your remotes, it features one do-it-all miniphone (3.5mm or 1/8”) sync port. The miniphone connector is much more reliable than a PC connection and every PlusX comes complete with a miniphone-to-miniphone cable, a miniphone-to-phono (1/4" or 6.3mm) adapter for triggering the majority of modern flashes, and a miniphone to locking PC cable for triggering some remote speedlights or for using your PlusX on-camera when you can’t put it in a hot shoe. Other miniphone connector cables are available for major brands of lighting equipment in a variety of lengths. Dedicated remote camera triggering cables are also available for popular camera systems.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver: With our patented Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology, the PlusX Transceiver is one smart radio. The PlusX will instantly and intelligently switch between transmitter and receiver modes keeping setup as simple as possible. The PlusX may be set to Transmit (Tx) only when needed.
- Auto-Relay Mode: Our Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology lets you trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flashes using only 3 PocketWizard radios: the one in your hands, a PlusX cabled to your remote camera, and the one connected to your remote flash. The PlusX cabled to your remote camera will receive a radio signal and trigger the camera’s motor drive, then switch to transmit mode and trigger your PocketWizard-connected remote flashes on the next channel up, all automatically. Start the sequence by simply pressing the TEST button of any PocketWizard transmitter in your hands. Remote cameras require motor drive cables. Find the correct cable for your gear using the PocketWizard Cable Finder.
- Status Indicator/Battery Life Indicator: The PlusX features a tri-color LED status indicator that serves two functions. When the PlusX sends or receives a triggering signal, the LED will glow red. During normal operation, the indicator will blink a single green blink meaning it is operating normally and the battery life is above 50%. It will blink a double amber blink when the battery is below 50% but above 25% and it will blink three red blinks when the battery life is below 25% and it’s crucial to replace the batteries.
- Transmit Only Mode: There are times when you only want your radio to transmit, usually when two or more photographers are sharing a set of lights. By enabling transmit only mode, you disable the receive and auto-relay functions to make sure all your radio is doing is transmitting.
- Range and Reliability: PocketWizard Plus radios are known for their range and reliability. Although the PlusX costs less than other PocketWizard radios, you still get the range and reliability you’d expect.
- Sync Speed: Ultra-fast microprocessors allow for reliable sync speeds of 1/250 for focal plane shutters and 1/500 for leaf shutters.
- PocketWizard Compatible: The PlusX is compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers including PocketWizard-enabled photo gear from Profoto, Dynalite, Norman, Photogenic and Sekonic light meters. The PocketWizard Wireless System allows for total flexibility with whatever lights or cameras you may be working with.
- Made in the USA: Like almost all PocketWizard radios, the PlusX is made in the USA. We keep production close to ensure the highest quality.