68years-lenses-pentax The HD PENTAX DA 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR is optimized to provide premium performance for use on PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras. Catering to the needs of the photographer, this lens provides a high zoom ratio of approximately 5.3 times to cover focal lengths from 16mm ultra-wide-angle to 85mm telephoto for lengths equivalent to 24.5mm to 130mm (in the 35mm format). This versatile zoom lens comes in handy for a wide variety of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes and cramped rooms. Equipped with the PENTAX-exclusive, HD coating, this lens is sure to offer sharp, clear images even under challenging light conditions.
Versatile, 5.3-times zoom lens covering ultra-wide angles
This zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 5.3 times to cover the ultra-wide-angle to telephoto ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 24.5mm to 130mm in the 35mm format). In addition to the most commonly used focal lengths, it provides ultra-wide-angle coverage to produce distinctive, creative visual expressions, such as an exaggerated perspective or an extra-wide depth of field.
Exceptional imaging power to optimize the performance of super-high-resolution cameras
Consisting of 16 optical elements in 12 groups, this lens features one ED element and three high-grade aspherical elements to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations and improve colour rendition. In order to accommodate high-resolution image sensors in DSLRs, its MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) curve is programmed to be more acute than those of conventional models in the same class to deliver high-resolution, fine-detailed images.
HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmission and reduced reflections to deliver bright, high-contrast images free from flare and ghosting, even under demanding backlit conditions.
Quick-Shift Focus system
This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus system, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
This lens features dependable, weather-resistant construction with eight special seals to effectively prevent intrusion of water into the lens interior. When used with a weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist or in locations prone to water splashes or spray.
- Lens Mount: PENTAX KAF3 mount
- Focal Length: 16-85mm (equiv. 24.5-130mm)
- Angle of View: 83°-19°
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Diaphragm control: Fully Automatic
- Number of aperture blades: 7 (rounded 16mm f/3.5-4.5, 85mm f/5.6-8)
- Min. Aperture (f): F22–F38
- Min. Focusing Distance: 0.35m
- Max. Magnification: 0.26X
- Filter size: 72mm
- Diameter & Length (mm): 78mm x 94mm
- Weight (g): 488g w/o hood, 517g w/hood
- HD coating
- Super Protect (SP) coating
- Weather Resistant
- Quick-shift Focus System
- Filter Window
- SP (Super Protect) Coating (applied to the front surface of the lens) effectively repels water and grease
- Rounded diaphragm blades produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh effect; while minimizing the streaking effect from point light sources
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
*Shipping options may vary depending on product availability, shipment size and shipping destination.