Pentax K-3 III Monochrome Camera Body
Available for Pre-OrderItem will ship when stock arrives.
Standard | In Store Pick Up | 24-hour
Returning to the starting point of photography: capture images with light and shadow
The PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome features an exclusively designed image sensor that delivers the ultimate in black-and-white photography, enabling photographers to express a distinct view of the color-rich world in high-resolution black-and-white images.
Monochrome-specific Custom Image
The PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome features three Custom Image modes exclusively designed for the monochrome-specific image sensor: Standard, Hard and Soft. Each mode provides minute adjustment of parameters such as tone, key, contrast and sharpness. This allows the photographer to personalize images for the desired finishing touch.
Exterior design signifying the monochrome photography concept
The PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome provides white backlight illumination on the LCD data panel positioned on its upper panel, while featuring the Monochrome lettering printed on the upper-left shoulder of the back panel. The camera's User Interface menu features a black-and-white color scheme as default, while the SR (Shake Reduction) badge is finished in silver. The icons printed on buttons and switches across the camera's exterior are finished in three shades of gray to assist the users with their camera operation. All in all, the concept of monochrome photography is evident throughout the camera body.
Minimum ISO setting at 200
Since the monochrome-specific image sensor is free of the color filters that cause a loss of light, it can take in more light. This allows the camera's minimum ISO to be set at 200.
Unlike full-color photography, in which color reproduction varies depending on the light source (or color temperature), monochrome photography doesn't require white balance control. In the PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome, the white balance button of the PENTAX K-3 Mark III is replaced with the Fx (function) button.
In-body shake reduction mechanism
The PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome incorporates an advanced SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism, which lets the photographer use all types of lenses - from the latest to vintage - and to capture sharp, blur-free images while optimizing the distinctive visual expression of each lens.
- Image Sensor: Monochrome, CMOS. Size: 23.3 x 15.5 (mm)
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 25.73 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 26.78 megapixels
- Dust Removal: Image sensor cleaning using ultrasonic vibrations 'DR II'
- Sensitivity: ISO AUTO/200 to 1600000 (EV steps can be set to 1EV, 1/2EV or 1/3EV)
- Image Stabilizer: Sensor-shift shake reduction 'SR II' (5-axis), Auto/Panning/Off
- AA Filter Simulator: Moir reduction using SR unit. OFF/Low/High/Bracketing(2 images)/Bracketing (3 images)
- Pentaprism Finder
- Coverage (FOV): Approx. 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 1.05x (FA 50mmF1.4 at infinity)
- Eye-Relief Length: Approx. 20.5mm (from the view window), Approx. 22.0mm (from the center of lens)
- Diopter adjustment: Approx. -4.0m to + 1.0m-1
- Focusing Screen: Natural-Bright-Matte III focusing screen
- Viewfinder Overlay: AF Points, Grid Display, Electronic Level, AF Frame, Spot Metering Frame, Crop, Smart Function, Operation Control Lock
- K-3 Mark III Monochrome Camera Body
- Strap O-ST162
- ME Viewfinder Cap
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery D-LI90
- USB Power Adapter
- Power Plug
- USB Cable I-USB166
*Shipping options may vary depending on product availability, shipment size and shipping destination.