68years-lenses-olympus The new M.ZUIKO 40-150mm f2.8 PRO is a compact, full-featured zoom that sports premium metal construction and professional-quality lens elements. It’s light in weight and fully sealed for weather protection, delivers super-sharp edge-to-edge image quality, and boasts the world’s first Dual VCM autofocus mechanism. This lens is an excellent complement to your fast primes and 12-40mm f2.8 PRO.
The M.ZUIKO 40-150mm f2.8 PRO is suitable for capturing a wide range of images from expansive landscapes to high action sports and even available light and studio work.
TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE
Smooth, rapid autofocus is a crucial factor in image quality. The 40-150mm f2.8 PRO’s innovative, industry-first Dual VCM (voice coil motor) AF delivers. Separating the focusing mechanism into two lens groups controlled by individual linear drive motors makes AF performance extremely fast and, with no gears involved, nearly friction-free and incredibly quiet.
PROFESSIONAL BUILD QUALITY
We know that serious shooters need the highest quality equipment, so we built the 40-150mm f2.8 PRO zoom accordingly. The premium metal lens body incorporates 16 lens elements in 10 groups, including Olympus ZERO-coated HD, ED, EDA and – for the first time in an M.ZUIKO lens – Super EDA glass for significantly reduced chromatic aberration, ghosting and flares.
SPLASHPROOF. DUSTPROOF. FREEZEPROOF.
Sometimes the harshest conditions produce the most dramatic photo opportunities. With 11 separate seals to keep out moisture and dust, the 40-150mm f2.8 PRO is ready to take on the elements. You don’t have to baby this baby!
At less than two pounds and a constant 6.2-inch length (lens movement is internal), the 40-150mm f2.8 PRO combines with OM-D or PEN camera bodies to create a very stable shooting platform. And its fixed f2.8 aperture is bright enough to capture sharp images across the entire zoom range.
ENHANCE YOUR ZOOM.
A 1.4x teleconverter is available for the 40-150mm f2.8 PRO that extends its focal length to a whopping 210mm (35mm equivalent of 420mm) for those really long shots. You can also get a ZUIKO protective filter that features Olympus' renowned ZERO coating technology.
NO DETAIL SPARED
The bundled lens hood has been marvelously designed to collapse back onto the lens for easy storage. When extended, the locking mechanism will fully support the weight of the lens and camera body. And to keep your investment safe, the bundled lens pouch will help protect against dings and scratches.
- Focal Length: 40-150mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 80-300mm
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 10 Groups (1 Aspherical ED lens, 2 Aspherical lenses, 1 SED lens, 3 ED lenses, 1 HD lense)
- Dust & Splash Proof
- Focusing System: High-speed Imager AF (MSC) - Linear Motor Drive System
- Angle of View: 30 - 8.2 Degree
- Closest Focusing Distance: 27.55 inches from Imager plane (0.7m)
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.21x
- 35mm Equivalent Max. Image Magnification: 0.42x
- Minimum Field Size: 82 x 62 mm
- Number of Blades: 9 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Maximum Aperture: f2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Filter Size: Diameter 72mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.1 inch x 6.29 inch (79.4x160mm)
- Weight: 1.67 lbs. Tripod not included / 1.94 lbs. Tripod included (760 g/880 g)
- Lens Cap(LC-72D), Lens Rear Cap(LR-2), Lens
- Hood(LH-76), Lens Case(LSC-1120)
- Instruction Manual