Currently in stock
Item will ship in 1 - 2 business days.
Expanding the reach of creative lighting
Introducing Nikon's new flagship Speedlight, a flash designed to empower the most seasoned professionals and passionate enthusiasts. The SB-5000 AF Speedlight takes Nikon's acclaimed Creative Lighting System with Advanced Wireless Lighting to the next level with both traditional optical wireless control and powerful new radio control. Place up to six groups of remote flashes out of view, behind obstacles—even in other rooms—up to 98 feet away. Designed for fast shooting at weddings, commercial shoots or on the red carpet, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight also introduces the world's first hot-shoe mount flash cooling system for more than 100 consecutive shots at full output, all in a smaller design with streamlined operation. Whether building a new lighting system or integrating with your existing system, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight opens exciting new lighting possibilities.
Light without limits – New radio controlled communication
The SB-5000 AF Speedlight introduces powerful radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting (AWL) communication to Nikon's innovative Creative Lighting System for exciting lighting possibilities. When used with a compatible Nikon DSLR with the optional WR-A10 (Wireless Remote Adapter) when attached to D5 and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller (transceiver), you can control up to 6 groups (A/B/C/D/E/F) of SB-5000 AF Speedlight behind obstacles, around corners, in bright sunlight—even in different rooms—up to 98 feet away. Of course, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight also integrates seamlessly with Nikon's optical wireless Speedlights and DSLRs.
Nonstop performance – World's first hot-shoe mount flash cooling system
For studio, wedding, event and action photographers, continuous shooting is the name of the game. The SB-5000 AF Speedlight can handle more than 100 consecutive firings at full output without overheating, thanks to an innovative built-in cooling system and a brilliant heat-shedding design. For TTL shooters, this means a new level of lighting control while capturing decisive moments. Great shots don't wait for a flash to be ready, and neither should you.
Reimagined design – Smaller and easier to operate
Designed for photographers who rely on portable lighting, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is smaller and easier to use. It has a smaller footprint and provides streamlined access to frequently used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position and Flash Compensation Value. Like a DSLR camera, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight has an “Info” button for quick access to your favorite settings. For more fluid operation when using radio control, you can adjust settings right from a compatible camera's menu.
Maximum compatibility – Part of the Nikon Creative Lighting System
In addition to the new radio control with compatible cameras, you can use the SB-5000 AF Speedlight on-camera as a Master Flash to control other remote Speedlights (up to 3 Groups: A/B/C and 4 channels), or use it off-camera wirelessly as a remote flash controlled by either your camera's built-in flash (compatible cameras), another Speedlight or the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander. You can even mix optical wireless control (Groups A/B/C) with radio control (Groups D/E/F). For studio photographers, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is equipped with Unified Flash Control and can be controlled from a personal computer using the optional Camera Control Pro 2 (Version 2.23 or later) software.
- Electronic construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Guide number (at35 mm zoom headposition, in FX format,standard illuminationpattern): 34.5/113 (ISO 100, m/ft)
- Effective flash output distance range (in i-TTL, auto aperture flash or non-TTL auto flash mode): 0.6 to 20 m (2 to 65.6 ft) (varies depending on camera’s image area setting, illumination pattern, ISO sensitivity, zoom head position, and lens aperture in use)
- Illumination pattern: There are three illumination patterns: standard, even,center-weighted The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera’s image area in both FX and DX formats
- Flash mode: i-TTL, Auto aperture flash, Non-TTL auto flash, Distance-priority manual flash, Manual flash, Repeating flash
- Other available functions: Test firing, monitor pre-flashes, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF and modeling illumination
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS): A number of flash operations are available with compatible cameras: i-TTL mode, Advanced WirelessLighting, modeling illumination, FV lock, Flash ColorInformation Communication, auto FP high-speed sync, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF and unifiedflash control
- Multiple flash-unit photography operation: Advanced Wireless Lighting, Direct remote wireless multiple flash-unit photography (remote mode)
- Bounce capability: Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click-stops at ?7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
- Power ON/OFF: Rotate the power switch to turn the SB-5000 on or off, Standby function can also be set
- Uses four AA-size batteries of the same brand from any of the following types: 1.5 V LR6 (AA-size) alkaline batteries, 1.2 V HR6 (AA-size) rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
- Flash-ready indicator: The SB-5000 is fully recycled: lights up Insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL, auto aperture flash, non-TTL auto flash or distance priority manual flash mode, or AUTO mode in direct remote wireless multiple flash-unit photography): flashes slowly
- Flash duration: Approx. 1/980 sec. at full output
- Mounting foot lock lever: Provides secure attachment of the SB-5000 to camera’s accessory shoe using locking plate and locking pin to prevent unintentional detachment
- Flash exposure compensation: ?3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV steps in i-TTL, auto aperture flash, non-TTL auto flash or distance-priority manual flash mode
- Menu settings: 24 items
- Other functions: ISO sensitivity manual setting, redisplay of amount of underexposure due to insufficient flash output in i-TTL mode, reset to the default settings, key lock, thermal cut-out, firmware update
- Dimensions (W × H × D): Approx. 73 x 137 x 103.5 mm (2.9 x 5.4 x 4.1 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 520 g (18.4 oz) (with 1.5 V LR6 (AA-size) alkaline batteries × 4), Approx. 420 g (14.9 oz) (Speedlight only)
- Speedlight Stand AS-22
- Nikon Diffusion Dome SW-15H
- Fluorescent Filter SZ-4FL
- Incandescent Filter SZ-4TN
- Soft Case SS-5000
- Accessory pouch