Free Curbside PickupAvailable at select McBain locations.
» Learn More
In StockItem will ship in 1 business day.
Small enough to be carried everywhere, this standard focal length DX-format Micro-NIKKOR lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X). The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is for taking high quality stills and HD D-Movies and is ideal for shooting general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectables, copy photography, portraits, landscapes and more.
- Reveal Hidden Beauty – Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X). This standard close-up lens captures the finest details at any distance, including details practically impossible to detect with the human eye (at 1X magnification). It's a great choice for enticing food photography or detailed product shots. And with its continuous autofocusing from infinity to 6.4 inches (life-size /1X), the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G ensures sharpness and clarity in every composition.
- Carry It With You Everywhere – Stunning portraits and landscapes, too! The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is compact, lightweight and versatile enough for everyday photography, including flattering people shots and breathtaking landscapes, so you get brilliant results in most situations without switching lenses.
- Isolate Your Subjects – Natural Background Blur (Bokeh). Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature—indoors or outdoors—the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G's rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds.
- Superior Close Range Focusing – The Close-Range Correction system is one of Nikon's most important focusing innovations. Using an innovative floating element design, each lens group moves independently to achieve superior performance at close distances.
- Quiet Autofocus – A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system—to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF – When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring—M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting – Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior colour consistency and reduced lens flare.
- Mount Type Nikon: F-Bayonet
- Focal Length: 40mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Format: DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 38°50'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1.0x
- Lens Elements: 9
- Lens Groups: 7
- Compatible Format(s): DX
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information
- Super Integrated Coating
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.53 ft. (0.163m)
- Focus Mode: Auto
- Manual: Manual/Auto
- Filter Size: 52mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions: 68.5 x 64.5mm (Diameter x Length)
- Approx. Weight: 235g