Online stock levels are not available
for this item. Please contact us to verify.
A compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel.
Optimized for Nikon's compact DX-format DSLRs, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II features a retracting design that's small and lightweight—ideal for travel and everyday use. Its versatile zoom range goes from 55mm, which is great for portraits and group shots, up to 200mm telephoto for catching close-ups on the sports field, school events and more. Forget about blurry photos and shaky videos; Vibration Reduction (VR) helps keep your photos sharp and your videos steady. On its own, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II is a great multipurpose lens. As a companion to the 18-55mm kit lens that comes with many DX-format DSLRs, it offers continuous coverage across the entire focal length range from 18mm to 200mm.
Take it everywhere
Small, lightweight telephoto zoom lens
Thanks to a new retractable lens barrel design, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II is remarkably small and lightweight, making it a well-balanced match to Nikon DX-format DSLRs. Zoomed out, it's just 83mm long, approximately 20% shorter than previous models. Zoomed in, it provides 200mm of telephoto reach to get you closer to all the shots that matter.
Vibrant, clear photos and videos
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II is an advanced lens that pushes Nikon's new high-resolution DSLRs to peak performance. Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior colour quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural.
Sharp photos, steady videos
Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) technology
Forget about blurry photos and shaky videos with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II. Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops* of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance.
*Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when: DX-format lenses are attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera and zoom lenses are set at the maximum telephoto position.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass – An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens – A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Super Integrated Coating – Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- Vibration Reduction – A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Filter Size: 52mm