Currently in stock
Item will ship in 1 - 2 business days.
Nikonís new AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm wide ratio zoom lens featuring Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Nikonís Vibration Reduction (VR) II is an ideal lens for an extensive range of shooting scenarios, including indoor-outdoor events, streetscapes, portraits and scenery. When mounted on any DX-format Nikon digital SLR camera, the picture angle is equivalent to a 24 to 127.5mm focal length in 35mm format.
The ultra-compact SWM built into the lens body ensures fast, quiet and accurate autofocus operation and complements the compact, lightweight design for superb handling. With dimensions of only ō72 x 85mm, this new lens is ideal for general photography or specialists in travel and nature photography.
Nikon's VR II, specifically engineered for each NIKKOR lens, provides photographers with the ability to shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops* slower than would otherwise be possible, minimizing image blur caused by camera shake. This enables dramatically sharper handheld shooting at dusk or at night, or even in poorly lit interiors. Nikonís VR function is incorporated and designed specifically for the lens, it provides state-of-the-art image sharpness capacity and a stable viewfinder image for accurate framing.
*As determined in Nikon performance tests
The new high-performance optical system has been optimized for Nikon digital SLRs. Two ED glass elements and three aspherical lenses deliver higher resolution, high-contrast images while minimizing chromatic aberration. A rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening gives out-of-focus background elements a more natural appearance. Nikonís Super Integrated Coating ensures outstanding colour balance and reproduction while greatly reducing ghosting and flare. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a significant addition to Nikonís DX-NIKKOR lens lineup and is certain to become a favourite of photographers seeking a wide-ratio zoom with exceptional wide-angle capability and a telephoto perspective ideal for portraiture.
- 5.3x zoom lens covering a wide focal range of 16 to 85mm (picture angle is equivalent to focal length of 24 to 127.5mm in 35mm format)
- Vibration Reduction II enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible (as determined in Nikon performance tests)
- Optical design optimized for superior performance with Nikon digital SLRs
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration while providing higher resolution and superior contrast
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves superior colour reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Nikonís exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- 0.38m closest focus distance throughout the entire zoom range
- 67mm filter size