Online stock levels are not available
for this item. Please contact us to verify.
Inspiring views of your world.
Take photos and videos that are anything but ordinary with this state-of-the-art 16-80mm DX-format zoom lens. With a fast f/2.8-4 aperture, VR image stabilization and Nikon's advanced lens technology, it covers wide-angle to portrait views with absolutely brilliant image quality. An ideal lens for documenting daily life, conveying a sense of place, blogging, low light, HD video and much more.
An everyday lens that's anything but ordinary
Meet the world's lightest 5x zoom lens with an f/2.8-4 aperture*, which is excellent for softening foregrounds or backgrounds and highlighting your subject. On a DX-format camera, it's zoom range is equivalent to Nikon's 24-120mm FX lens (35mm format), a staple in many pro camera bags.
Pro-grade image quality
A new level of DX-format performance
Unleash the power of your high-resolution Nikon DSLR. Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates glare, while Extra-low Dispersion Glass and Aspherical elements reduce color aberration and enhance sharpness and contrast. Capture vibrant colours, rich tonality and a level of detail that's staggering.
4 stops of Vibration Reduction
In low light situations, the 16-80mm's VR image stabilization lets you shoot handheld up to 4 shutter speeds slower to gather more of the available light without causing blur. There's even a specialized Tripod VR mode, a first for this zoom range*, that eliminates the effects of tripod vibration.
High-speed electromagnetic diaphragm
Nikon's DX and FX DSLRs can freeze action with fast continuous shooting speeds; this lens can keep up. A specialized electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism operates in precise sync with the camera's shutter for reliable exposure control during high-speed sequences.
Nikon's innovative protective fluorine coat
Making it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges, the front and rear lens elements have Nikon's exclusive fluorine coat. This extraordinary protective coating technology has to be seen to be believed.
- Focal Length Range: 16-80mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8-4
- Format: DX
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Nano Crystal Coat
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Approx. Dimensions: 80 x 85.5mm (Diameter x Length), Based on CIPA Standard
- Approx. Weight: 480g, Based on CIPA Standard
- Filter Size: 72mm
- AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism – An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass – An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens – A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Nano Crystal Coat – An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- Super Integrated Coating – Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Vibration Reduction – A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.