Low QuantitiesPlease contact us to verify availability.
If you’re looking for a compact, versatile telephoto zoom lens that handles portraiture as well as it handles long-distance wildlife and action photography, look no further than the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR. With the broadest focal length range in our super-telephoto zoom line-up, it reduces the number of lenses you need to carry into the field; and expands your handheld shooting capabilities, thanks to Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) technology. Create spectacular photos and HD videos in nearly any light, from nearly any distance.
- FX-format compatible, 5x telephoto zoom lens covering the focal-length range from 80 to 200 mm
- High optical performance is realized with super ED glass (x1) and ED glass (x4) elements
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces flare and ghosting
- VR (Vibration Reduction) minimizes camera shake by offering a shutter speed equivalent to 4.0 stops faster (at 400 mm; based on CIPA Standard)
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) offers quiet AF operation while achieving the highest level AF speed in this class
- Three focus modes are available — A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority), M/A (autofocus with manual override, manual priority) and M (manual focus)
- AF is possible even with a 1.4x teleconverter when attached to an f/8-compatible camera
- Focal length: 80-400 mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/32-40
- Lens construction: 20 elements in 12 groups (including four ED glass and one Super ED glass elements, and Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of view: 30°10' - 6°10' (20° - 4° with Nikon DX format)
- Minimum focus distance: 1.75 m/5.74 ft from focal plane (1.5 m/4.92 ft in MF)
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1/5.7x (1/5.1x in MF)
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter-attachment size: 77 mm
- Diameter x length (distance from camera lens mount flange): Approximately 95.5 x 203 mm/3.8 x 8.0 in.
- Weight (Based on CIPA Guidelines): Approximately 1570 g/3.5 lb (with tripod mounting collar); approximately 1480 g/3.3 lb (without tripod mounting collar)
- 77 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77
- Rear Lens Cap LF-4
- Bayonet Hood HB-65
- Flexible Lens Pouch CL-M2