The PC-E NIKKOR series now features three lenses: PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D, and PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED (released in February 2008). The three lenses cover a range extending from 24mm wide-angle to medium telephoto 85mm.
The PC-E NIKKOR lens series features a tilt/shift mechanism that alters the relation between the optical axis of the lens and the image plane, thereby enabling Perspective Control (PC). This function is ideal for architecture and product photography.
Incorporating an electromagnetic diaphragm, these lenses provide auto aperture control when used with SLRs that feature an electronically controlled aperture (D3, D300 and D700) for improved operability. Additionally, Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat with extra-low refractive index coating effectively reduces ghosting and flare to provide sharper, clearer images. This contributes to the superior optical performance of these lenses to realize outstanding image reproduction capability.
- Micro PC lenses with normal 45mm focal length (PC-E 45mm) and medium-telephoto 85mm focal length (PC-E 85mm)
- Close-up shooting at up to 1/2x reproduction ratio
- Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghosting and flare caused by backlighting, etc.
- ED glass element delivers high-resolution, clear images (PC-E 45mm)
- Electromagnetic diaphragm provides auto aperture control when used with the D3, D300 and D700
- Wide tilt and shift range (tilt: ±8.5°; shift ±11.5mm) enables hand-held tilt/shift photography, virtually impossible with a large-film-format view camera
- ±90° lens revolving capability for versatile tilt/shift effects
- Nine-blade rounded diagram for rounded, natural blur
- High optical performance not only for tilt/shift photography but also for general shooting
- Dust- and moisture-resistant for reliable use even in harsh shooting situations
- 77mm filter size