Low QuantitiesPlease contact us to verify availability.
With the ultra-wide view of a 20mm lens, you're free to capture expansive landscapes and architecture, wedding parties, an entire band on stage, crowd shots and much more. Add low-light capabilities to that view, and the shooting possibilities are nearly endless. Introducing the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED, a compact, lightweight FX-format lens that combines the ultra-wide perspective of a 20mm focal length, the low-light capabilities and shallow depth of field of an f/1.8 maximum aperture and the superb optical characteristics of an advanced NIKKOR prime lens. Whether you shoot stills, HD video, time lapse sequences or star trail images on an FX- or DX-format D-SLR, the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED will widen your creative potential.
Capture epic views
Dramatic ultra-wide-angle perspective
The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED delivers a 20mm, 94° angle of view (30mm, 70° equivalent on DX-format cameras) that's ideal for stills or motion capture. With its 7.8-inch (19.8cm) close focus capability, you can work in tight spaces or get close to your subject to accentuate your focal point. From a distance, the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED lets you get wide, expansive vistas into the frame. Videographers will love using their Nikon D-SLR and this compact, lightweight lens for establishing shots, first-person point-of-view sequences and B-Roll footage.
Increase your shooting options
Brilliant low-light performance and beautifully blurred backgrounds
At its maximum aperture setting of f/1.8, the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED produces beautifully blurred backgrounds in your photos and HD videos and lets you shoot at lower ISO settings to retain high image quality. In low light situations, opening the aperture to f/1.8 will also increase shutter speed to prevent camera shake and motion blur.
Expand your creativity
Versatile, exceptional performance
The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is designed to draw peak performance from high-resolution Nikon D-SLRs in both still and HD video applications. Aspherical (AS) lens elements and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements with Nano Crystal Coat (N) combat sagittal flare and chromatic aberration for superb, sharp rendering across the entire frame. Nikon's innovative Silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic waves for fast, accurate near quiet autofocusing as close as 7.8-inch (0.2m) from your subject.
A superb prime lens system
The wide-angle addition to Nikon's f/1.8 FX-format prime lens collection
Nikon's family of fast FX-format prime lenses now covers just about any shooting situation or creative need. The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED joins the 28mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm versions, giving photographers and videographers a versatile collection of focal lengths with remarkably consistent optical performance and exposure control. Switch between lenses without missing a beat.
- AS – AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass – An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens – A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Nano Crystal Coat – An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Rear Focusing System – A system in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enabling faster focusing. Such lenses are designated with RF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length: 20mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Format: FX/35mm
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 70°
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 94°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.23x
- Lens Elements: 13
- Lens Groups: 11
- Compatible Format(s): FX, DX
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information
- Nano Crystal Coat
- ED Glass Elements: 2
- Aspherical Elements: 2
- Super Integrated Coating
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Internal Focusing
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.66 ft. (0.2m)
- Focus Mode: Auto, Manual
- Rear Focusing
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions: 82.5 x 80.5mm (Diameter x Length) Based on CIPA Guidelines
- Approx. Weight: 355g Based on CIPA Guidelines