BONUS Free Grip
Please contact us for availability.
When Nikon introduced the D800 and D800E, it set a new benchmark for DSLR image quality and super high resolution photography that approached medium format. Now, five years later, Nikon proudly introduces the next evolution in high resolution DSLRs, a camera that allows photographers to capture fast action in 45.7 megapixels of brilliant resolution. With remarkable advancements across the board sensor design, autofocus, dynamic range, sensitivity, Speedlight control, battery life, shutter and mirror drive mechanisms, Silent Photography in Live-View mode, focus shift capability and more this is quite possibly the most impressive, well-rounded DSLR yet.
- 45.7 megapixel back-side illuminated CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter
- BSI-CMOS sensor offers a wide ISO range and compelling dynamic range
- No optical low pas filter for sharpest images possible
- ISO range of 64 to 25,600
- EXPEED 5 processor for fast performance, incredible image processing and incredible video capability
- 7 frame frames per second; 9 FPS possible with new MB-D18 grip and EN-EL18a/b battery. New Silent Live View Mode offers 30 FPS with no shutter noise at 8.6 MP
- High capacity buffer permits up to 51 frames at 46.7 MP in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW
- Multi-CAM 20k AF module with 153 AF points, 99 cross type sensors (15 which work to f/8) and -3EV sensitivity across the AF sensor (autofocus is possible in about moonlight level lighting); -4 EV at the middle point.
- Dedicated AF processor for fast and accurate AF
- 4K UHD Video full frame (3840x2160) at 30p/24p. 4k video in DX as well.
- 4K video features include: slow motion capture at 4x (120fps) at 30p or 5x (120fps) at 24p; focus peaking (in white, blue, red, yellow); attenuator to prevent sound distortion during audio recording; exposure smoothing to expand metering beyond EV-3 – allows for smooth, well exposed day to night (or night to day) transitions during time-lapse recording; and 8k time lapse using interval timer.
- Includes a silent interval timer shooting for no shutter release noise, mechanical shutter wear and tear, and power efficiency
- 3.2” 2,359k dot vari-angle touch LCD for high and low angle shooting. Feature a high performance touch operation for menu, playback and focus selection.
- Radio control advanced wireless lighting (using the SB-5000 Speedlight and the WR-A10 and WR-R10 adapters)
- New silent shooting live view mode with 6 fps at 45.7 MP (AE/AF locked) or 30 fps at 8.5 MP. Features electronic shutter instead of mechanical shutter. No vibration or sound.
- 180,000 RGB metering (same as D5/D500) for accurate metering, consistent exposure (no lighting flickers), and face-detection AF while using the viewfinder
- New Focus Shift – shoots multiple images (up to 300) with slight shifts in focus (up to 10 focus steps between each shot) to for expanded depth of field. Very fast and precise focus shifting for focus stacked composite images. Stores images in a unique folder.
- Illuminated buttons for low-light usage
- Improved Grip
- Improved controls – joystick AF button, i Button
- 0.75x optical viewfinder – widest field of view ever in a Nikon DSLR ever
- 3 RAW file sizes Small (11.3 MP), Medium (25.5 MP), Large (45.4 MP)
- 1 XQD and 1 SD (UHS-II compatible) card slot
- In-camera Batch RAW processing
- Auto-focus fine tune
- Impressive Battery life is 1840 shots with EN-EL15A; 5140 shots with EN-EL18a/b battery and MB-D18 grip (CIPA)
- New square shooting mode (1:1) aspect ratio with viewfinder shading
- Magnesium Alloy body and fully weather sealed for rugged and durable use in many environments
- SnapBridge (Wi-Fi and NFC) for quick transfers to a smart device (iOS or Android using the SnapBridge app) for social media
- Compatible with the WT-7a Transmitter for fast wireless transfer for professional applications