Free Curbside PickupAvailable at select McBain locations.
» Learn More
Available for Pre-OrderItem will ship when stock arrives.
Like every Nikon flagship camera that has come before it, the D6 holds nothing back. Featuring Nikon's most powerful AF system to date for capturing every heart-pounding, pivotal moment, the D6 is an uncompromising workhorse that lives up to every professional demand in any environment. And because every second counts in the field, the D6 is loaded with new time-saving workflow enhancements and advanced customization options. The moments that define us, that show what we’re capable of, the ones that live on, are waiting to be captured with a Nikon D6 DSLR.
- Features the fastest and most powerful AF in Nikon’s history – it features a newly developed, densely packed 105 point AF where ALL the AF points use cross type sensors and all points are selectable. With the new focus point layout and a triple-sensor arrangement for each AF point, the D6 achieves AF coverage that is 1.6x denser than the D5. It also features an expanded focus detection range which increases the detection area for single point and dynamic area AF, making it easier to achieve focus even when the subject is slightly outside the focus point.
- Improvements to Nikon’s popular Grpoup AF mode – this function has evolved with support for 17 custom arrangements depending on scene or subject movement
- Superior low light AF – the center point works to -4.5 EV and the other points to -4EV
- New EXPEED 6 engine for processing capabilities
- Can achieve 14 fps with mechanical shutter with full AF and AE; the D6 can also shoot completely silent at full resolution at 10.5 fps; the D6 can also take 2 MP images at 60 fps and 8 MP images at 30 fps in Live View
- 20.8 MP FX CMOS sensor for incredible detail, colours and dynamic ranges; native ISO is 100 to 102,400, expandable to 3.2 million ISO
- Recall shooting functions to create combinations of settings that can be assigned to a specific button
- Supports 1000BASE-T Ethernet with 1 15% increase in transmission speed, and options for wireless transmission using the optional WT-6
- 14 customizable buttons which can be assigned to 46 unique functions
- Priority Image Transfer to move an important image to the front of the queue
- Security Lock to support connection of anti-theft cable
- Built in GPS
- Dual CFexpress
- JPEG functions to allow simultaneous recording 2 JPEG images for different size and quality settings
- Absolute reliability – magnesium alloy body with extensive weather sealing, long lasting battery life and the ability to use USB-C for faster transfer to PC with faster transfer rates possible than with the D5