Free Curbside PickupAvailable at select McBain locations.
» Learn More
Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
Move forward. See opportunities that had previously been invisible. Capture and define them with a clarity that was previously unattainable. With the Nikon D5, you can. Designed for critical moments, the Nikon D5 features a 153-point AF system that acquires subjects rapidly and holds them tightly. Standard sensitivity range is extended to ISO 102400, while delivering stunning image quality at higher sensitivities. An incredibly stable viewfinder image permits confident tracking of moving subjects even during approx. 12-fps continuous shooting with full-time AF and AE, sustainable up to 200 frames. With the Nikon D5, endless potential waits in each millisecond. Go there, and discover your masterpiece.
- Highly refined 153-point AF system with 99 cross sensors, providing wider, denser coverage.
- Unprecedented stability and visibility in viewfinder image, allowing confident tracking of moving subjects during high-speed continuous shooting, thanks to new mirror driving mechanism.
- Nikon's new, in-house developed FX-format CMOS sensor featuring 20.8 effective megapixels, that acquires image data with ultimate total balance of high resolution, rich tonal gradation, and refined signal-to-noise ratio — key for enhanced image quality at high sensitivities.
- Supports 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video recording, vital to filmmakers.
- 2x Compact Flash (CF) memory card slots
- Supports radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting, that widely expands flash-photography possibilities.
- Significantly increased speed of wired/wireless LAN communication and compatibility with new WT-6/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (optional).
- Continuous shooting at approx. 12 fps with full-time AF/AE, up to 200 frames even in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW (when using a Lexar Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 memory card.)
- Standard sensitivity up to ISO 102400 — the highest in Nikon’s history — expandable up to Hi 5 (ISO 3280000 equivalent), providing further enhanced image quality throughout the standard sensitivity range, including the frequently used higher ISOs.
- New EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, capable of handling vast data from increased pixel-count image sensor and high-speed continuous shooting, while contributing to various aspects of image quality including clear images with less noise at high sensitivities thanks to a new noise reduction function.
- Touch-responsive, 8-cm/3.2-in., 2359k-dot (XGA), high-resolution monitor.
- Up to approx. 3780 shots per charge — Super-extended battery life achieved by the exceptionally energy-efficient design, engineered after rigorous reassessment.
- EN-EL18a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-26a Battery Charger
- UC-E22 USB Cable
- AN-DC15 Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-3 Accessory Shoe Cover
- USB Cable Clip
- HDMI Cable Clip
- DK-27 Eyepiece Adapter
- DK-17F Fluorine-Coated Finder Eyepiece
- BL-6 Battery Chamber Cover