Explore the world with 200–600 mm zoom
Perfect for wildlife and more, this 200–600mm super-telephoto zoom can reach as far as 840mm or 1200mm with 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, with full G lens quality and AF performance. Aspherical and ED glass elements achieve superb resolution throughout the zoom range, while Sony's Nano AR Coating cuts flare and ghosting. The bokeh is gorgeous, too.
Zoom to 600 mm, or 1,200 with teleconverter
Compatible with optional 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, for a maximum focal length of 840mm or 1,200mm at F13. Both teleconverters are top quality, retaining outstanding image quality and AF performance. Zoom and aperture range with the 1.4x teleconverter is 280–840 mm, F8–9. With the 2.0x teleconverter the ranges are 400–1,200 mm, F11–13.
High resolution throughout the zoom range
Five ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one aspherical element in a new optical design offer superb resolution and image quality throughout the zoom range. The aspherical element suppresses spherical aberration and distortion, while the ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, which can be problematic at super-telephoto focal lengths.
Fast, precise AF keeps up with swift subjects
Sony's DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) system has the power and precision needed to drive the lens's mechanism for remarkably fast, accurate focusing. High positioning accuracy means that no movement is wasted. Pinpoint autofocus is achieved with blazing speed. The DDSSM system is incredibly quiet, too.
Beautiful, natural G lens bokeh
An 11-blade circular aperture mechanism adds to the beauty of the bokeh produced by this lens, making it possible to use the narrow depth of field available at super-telephoto focal lengths to produce striking images with deep, creamy G lens bokeh.
Excellent control and reliability in the field
An inner zoom mechanism means that the length of the lens does not change while zooming, for stable handheld operation with consistent balance. Customizable focus hold buttons are provided in three locations 90° apart for easy access when shooting in any orientation. A fluorine front element coating plus a dust and moisture-resistant design ensure high reliability in challenging environments.
- Super telephoto zoom G lens
- Direct Drive SSM for quiet, highly precise focus lens control
- Advanced optical design incorporating an aspherical element and five ED glasses for entire zoom range
- Sony Nano AR Coating to eliminate flare and ghosting
- Dust- and moisture- resistant design
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35 mm full frame
- FOCAL LENGTH (MM): 200–600
- 35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C): 300–900
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 17–24
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 12°30'–4°10'
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 8°–2°40'1
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 5.6–6.3
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 32–36
- APERTURE BLADES: 11
- CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 2.4 m (7.88 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.2
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 95
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT): Optical SteadyShot
- ZOOM SYSTEM: Manual
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X1.4): SEL14TC
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X2.0): SEL20TC
- HOOD TYPE: Round shape, bayonet type
- Hood (model): ALC-SH157
- Lens front cap: ALC-F95S
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
- Soft case
- Lens strap