In StockItem is currently available to ship.
Sharp super-telephoto zoom, tenacious AF
The first super-telephoto zoom in Sony's flagship G Master series covers a versatile 100 mm to 400 mm range. With extraordinary resolution and fast, precise autofocus it lets you capture distant action with outstanding quality and immediacy. In addition to world-class image quality, this fine lens offers the mobility, reliability, and operability that professional applications demand.
G Master super-telephoto zoom
A 100 mm to 400 mm zoom range is ideal for sports, wildlife and similar subjects, with image quality and AF performance that support professional working needs.
Fast, tenacious autofocus
Floating focus with double linear motor and DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) drive systems achieves quick response, high accuracy and tenacious tracking.
High resolution and fast AF at any focal length
Precision G Master optics ensure consistently high corner-to-corner resolution at any focusing distance throughout the lens’ zoom range.
Compact, lightweight and mobile
Innovative modular exterior construction and magnesium components reduce weight and size for improved portability and mobility.
Outstanding shooting versatility
A floating focus mechanism achieves a minimum focus distance of just 0.98 metres (3.22 ft.) so you can track and shoot subjects at any distance with one lens.
G Master lenses take imaging and expression to previously unattainable levels with a stunning blend of extremely high resolution and softly dissolving background bokeh.
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.
- Premium G Master series super telephoto zoom lens
- Linear motor and Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for agile, highly precise focus lens control
- Sony Nano AR Coating to eliminate flare and ghosting
- Circular 9-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust- and moisture-proof.
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35 mm full frame
- FOCAL LENGTH (MM): 100-400
- 35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C): 150-600
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 16-22
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 24?-6?10'
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 16°-4°10'2
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 4.5–5.6
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 32-40
- APERTURE BLADES: 9
- CIRCULAR APERTURE
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.98 m/3.22 ft
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.12-0.35
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 77
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT): Optical SteadyShot
- ZOOM SYSTEM: Manual
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X1.4): SEL14TC
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X2.0): SEL20TC
- HOOD TYPE: Round shape, bayonet type
- DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH): 93.9 x 205 mm (3-3/4 x 8-1/8 in.)
- WEIGHT: 1,395 g (Without tripod mount; 49.3 oz. (Without tripod mount?
- Hood (model): ALC-SH151
- Lens front cap: ALC-F77S
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
- Other: Tripod mount