Please contact us to verify availability.
68years-lenses-sony An F2.8 telephoto zoom like no other
G Master design and technology in a new constant F2.8 telephoto zoom that offers unsurpassed rendering, blazing AF, and extraordinary image stabilization performance.
Extraordinary detail and bokeh in one lens
An XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision contributes to previously unachievable resolution and stunning bokeh for new expressive potential.
Natural images without spurious color
Four ED and two Super ED glass elements suppress chromatic aberration for maximum resolution and natural color without bleeding throughout every image at all focal lengths.
Class-leading close-up performance
Minimum focusing distance is 3.15 ft, for up to 0.25x magnification. A floating focus mechanism minimizes distortion and aberration that normally limit close-up performance.
Fast AF optimized for stills and video
Advanced double-linear and ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) actuators provide the precision and power required for both still and video AF in this full-size, heavy lens.
G Master series lenses take imaging and expression to previously unattainable levels with a stunning blend of extremely high resolution and softly dissolving background bokeh.
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35 mm full-frame
- FOCAL-LENGTH: 70-200 mm
- 35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C): 105-300 mm
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 18/23
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35 MM): 34°-12° 30'
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 23°-8° 1
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 2.8
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 22
- APERTURE BLADES: 11
- CIRCULAR APERTURE
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 3.15 ft
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO: 0.25x
- FILTER DIAMETER: 77 mm
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT)
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X1.4)
- DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH): 88.0 x 200 mm
- WEIGHT: 52.21 oz (without tripod mount)
- Hood (ALC-SH145)
- Lens front cap (ALC-F77S)
- Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM)
- Tripod mount