Curbside Pickup AvailableFrom our 10805 107 Ave, Edmonton location only.
» Learn How!
In StockItem will ship in 1 business day.
A fast, versatile prime for all occasions
Offering outstanding image quality even at its maximum F1.8 aperture, this compact and lightweight 35-mm prime lens for full-frame cameras is a versatile choice for everything from tabletop photography to the great outdoors. Fast, precise, quiet AF operation and reliable AF tracking make it suitable for shooting videos and stills.
High corner-to-corner resolution from the widest aperture
An aspherical element is strategically implemented in this lens’s advanced design to suppress optical aberration and achieve high resolution right out to the image periphery. Smooth bokeh is available when needed, supported by a 9-blade circular aperture mechanism that contributes to natural looking highlights. 0.22 m (0.73 ft) minimum focus distance and 0.24x maximum magnification make this lens useful for close-ups too.
Versatile and reliable for a range of shooting situations
A conveniently placed focus hold button not only offers easy focus hold control, but can be assigned to a variety of other functions from a menu accessed via the camera body. The lens also features a focus mode switch that allows instant switching between auto and manual focus. A dust- and moisture-resistant design1 ensures maximum reliability in challenging shooting environments.
Quiet, reliable AF tracking for movies as well as stills
The narrow depth of field available at a wide F1.8 aperture makes focus critical. The fast response and high precision of this lens’s linear-motor AF drive system ensure fast, precise, quiet autofocus operation. Outstanding AF performance is available not only for stills, but also for movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
- Standard prime lens with fast F1.8 aperture
- Quiet, reliable AF tracking for movies as well as stills
- 9-blade circular aperture for smooth bokeh
- An aspherical element for high corner-to-corner resolution
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35 mm full frame
- FOCAL LENGTH (MM): 35
- 35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C): 52.5
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 9-11
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 63°
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 44°1
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 1.8
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 22
- PERTURE BLADES: 9
- CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.22 m (0.73 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.24
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 55
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT): body-integrated
- HOOD TYPE: Petal shape, bayonet type
- DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH): 65.6 x 73 mm (2–5/8 x 2–7/8 in)
- WEIGHT: 280 g (9.9 oz)
- Hood (model): ALC-SH159
- Lens front cap: ALC-F55S
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM