Online stock levels are not available
for this item. Please contact us to verify.
68years-lenses-sony Perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, the F1.8 max aperture and optical image stabilisation provide impressive picture quality, even in low-light.
- Built-in Optical SteadyShotTM image stabilization: The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop (approx.) shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
- Compact and lightweight: The SEL50F18 is remarkably compact and lightweight for a large-aperture mid-range telephoto lens (50mm focal length/75mm equivalent in 35mm format). It is convenient to carry around for general photography, and particularly well suited to shooting portraits. The elegant aluminum alloy exterior of this lens affords an appearance that blends beautifully with the graceful design of E-mount bodies, and the engraved focus ring offers sophisticated appearance as well as superior grip and operating feel.
- Large F1.8 aperture: The SEL50F18 has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. Moreover, the large maximum aperture of this lens with its circular aperture design, can produce beautiful, creamily defocused backgrounds.
- Direct Manual Focus (DMF): Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows the user to go directly to manual focusing after autofocus lock-on without having to switch modes. In cases where autofocus has trouble locking onto the subject, or when the user wants to focus at a specific point, DMF facilitates fast, easy fine focus adjustments. This can be particularly useful for portraits in which depth of field can be extremely shallow.
- Smooth and quiet high-speed focusing: Lens operation is fast but at the same time smooth and quiet, minimizing noise and image jitter when shooting movies. A linear motor used for focus drive contributes to low-noise focus operation, while a stepping motor built into the lens, technology inherited from Sony's professional camcorders, results in smooth, quiet aperture actuation ideal for movie shooting.
- Aperture (Max.) : f/1.8
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22
- Filter Diameter : 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements : 8 groups, 9 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance : 15.3" (0.39m)
- AF for Movie Capture
- Angle of View : 32°
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) : 2-1/2 x 2- 1/2" (62x62mm)
- Direct Manual Focus
- Exterior Finish : Metal
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 75mm
- Internal Motor (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight : 7.25 oz (202g)
- Low Noise During Movie Capture : Excellent
- Maximum Magnification : 0.16x (APS-C)
- Mount Material : Metal
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" (62 x 62mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : 7.25oz (202g)
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap