Please contact us to verify availability.
68years-lenses-sony This first-class 24mm (35mm full frame equivalent) prime lens features a large F1.8 maximum aperture and is capable of outstanding sharpness and contrast throughout the frame plus beautiful “bokeh” in out-of-focus areas. Maximum magnification is 0.25x for dramatic 1:4 close-up capability, and an internal drive motor offers smooth, quiet autofocus operation that moviemakers will appreciate.
- Carl Zeiss® Sonnar optics: This is the first Carl Zeiss® lens to be released in the Sony E-mount lineup, employing the legendary “Sonnar” optical design for standout image dimensionality and presence. Aspherical lenses located on either side of the aperture effectively compensate for distortion, while an ED element suppresses chromatic aberration. The overall result is excellent corner-to-corner sharpness even with the aperture wide open, for impressive overall resolution.
- Circular Aperture: The SAL24F18Z features seven aperture blades that form a near circle. This result in a pleasing defocused circular effect on the background of your image when the aperture is set wide open.
- Large f/1.8 aperture: The large f/1.8 aperture is an ideal choice for shooting interiors in low light, as well as for superb background defocusing. Despite being a wide angle lens, The SEL24F18Z allows for 1/4 macro shooting with accurate focus as close as 6.2 inches (16cm). The ability to get close to the subject enhances this lens’s ability to create beautifully defocused backgrounds while providing a strong sense of space.
- Direct Manual Focus: Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows for direct manual focusing after autofocus lock-on without having to switch modes. In cases where autofocus has trouble locking onto the subject, or when the user wants to focus at a specific point, this feature enables fast and easy fine-tuning. This can be particularly useful for portraits as well as macro shots in which depth of field can be extremely shallow.
- Smooth and quiet AF for video: Lens operation is fast but at the same time smooth and quiet, minimizing noise and image jitter when shooting movies. A linear motor used for focus drive contributes to low-noise focus operation, while a stepping motor built into the lens provides smooth, quiet aperture actuation ideal for movie shooting.
- Aperture (Max.) : f/1.8
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22
- Filter Diameter : 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements : 7 groups, 8 elements (2 aspheric surfaces, 1 ED)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 6.2" (16cm)
- Aspheric Elements : 2 aspheric surfaces
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) : 2-3/8 x 2-1/2" (63 x65.5mm)
- Exterior Finish : Metal
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 36mm
- Internal Motor : Yes (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight : 7.9 oz (225g)
- Maximum Magnification : x0.25
- Mount Material : Metal
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap