Curbside Pickup AvailableFrom our 10805 107 Ave, Edmonton location only.
» Learn How!
Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
This superbly crafted lens offers the long-range telephoto power you need to capture distant sports, wildlife, and landscape subjects. Built to the meticulous standards of our G series lenses, it boasts a bright, F2.8 aperture that lets you use faster shutter speeds, and an 8.1º angle of view that lets you zero-in on an area 1/36th the size of the image area of a 50mm lens. With a minimum focusing distance of just 2.0m/78.7", you can even use it for portraits and close-ups.
Contrast and resolution are unparalleled, and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lens elements are incorporated to thoroughly correct chromatic aberration.The lens is also equipped with a responsive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) autofocus drive system for precise,quiet focusing, as well as a focus hold button, an electronic focus range limiter, and two DMF (Direct Manual Focus) modes: one that lets you fine-tune the focus manually after autofocus has been achieved, and one that lets you adjust the focus manually anytime.
- Image circle format: 35mm (8.1º angle of view)
- Focal length equivalent when mounted on an APS-C format DSLR: approx. 450mm (5.2º angle of view)
- Lens configuration: 13 elements in 12 groups (incl. one filter)
- Aperture blades: 9 (circular aperture)
- Minimum aperture: F32
- Minimum focus distance: 2.0m / 78-3/4"
- Max. magnification ratio: 0.18x
- Filter size: 42mm (with a dedicated filter)
- Lens hood: clip-on-mount round
- Dimensions (max. diameter x length): 122 x 242.5mm / 4-13/16 x 9-9/16"
- Weight: approx. 2.310g / 5 lb 1.5 oz (without tripod mount)
- ADI flash metering support (distance encoder)
- Lens hood
- Slot-in type circular polarizing filter
- Lens strap
- Hard carrying case