Please contact us to verify availability.
february-lenses-sony The Planar® T* 85mm F1.4 ZA (SAL85F14Z) is a collaborative creation by Sony and Carl Zeiss® that brings a new standard of excellence to the medium telephoto category. Planar® optics are famous for the delicacy of the images they deliver, and the 85mm focal length is considered by many to be ideal for portrait photography,allowing a relaxed and appropriate shooting distance between photographer and subject. Designed to achieve the highest standard of digital SLR imaging performance, the Planar® T* 85mm F1.4 ZA offers excellent contrast, outstanding image fidelity, and exquisitely smooth background defocusing.
Portraits aren't the only thing at which the Planar® T* 85mm F1.4 ZA excels, though, because its edge-toedge sharpness and clarity also make it an excellent choice for landscape photography. The lens is exceptionally easy and comfortable to work with, featuring a wide focus ring with an auto clutch mechanism,and a focus hold button to enable focus lock during AF shooting.
- Image circle format: 35mm (29º angle of view)
- Focal length equivalent when mounted on an APS-C format DSLR: approx.127.5mm (19º angle of view)
- Lens configuration: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Aperture blades: 9 (circular aperture)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focus distance: 0.85m / 33-1/2"
- Max. magnification ratio: 0.13x
- Filter size: 72mm
- Lens hood: bayonet-mount round
- Dimensions (max. diameter x length): 81 x 75mm / 3-3/16 x 2-15/16"
- Weight: approx. 640g / 1 lb 6.6 oz
- ADI flash metering support (distance encoder)
- Lens Hood
- Carrying Case