february-lenses-sony The 50mm F1.4 (SAL50F14) packs the light-gathering power of high-grade, large-aperture optics into a light, compact package. Designed to make the most of available light while providing natural perspective and well-balanced image rendition from the classic midrange angle of view, it's fast and versatile enough for a broad range of shooting applications, from interiors to landscapes.
Gaussian design with 7 elements arranged in 6 groups assures excellent contrast and resolution, and although
eminently suited to low-light shooting, that's not the 50mm F1.4's only advantage. Its large-aperture capability also means you have a wider range of f-stop settings to choose from, and can explore the creative potential of depth of field control to the fullest.
When mounted on an APS-C format digital SLR, the 50mm F1.4 offers the focal length equivalent of a 75mm medium telephoto lens. But whether you use it with a 35mm format SLR or an APS-C format SLR, it offers superb background defocusing characteristics that really make your subject stand out.
- Image circle format: 35mm (47º angle of view)
- Focal length equivalent when mounted on an APS-C format DSLR: approx. 75mm (32º angle of view)
- Lens configuration: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Aperture blades: 7 (circular aperture)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focus distance: 0.45m / 17-11/16"
- Max. magnification ratio: 0.15x
- Filter size: 55mm
- Lens hood: bayonet-mount round
- Dimensions (max. diameter x length): 65.5 x 43mm / 2-9/16 x 1-11/16"
- Weight: approx. 220g / 7.8 oz
- ADI flash metering support (distance encoder)
- Lens Hood