Curbside Pickup AvailableFrom our 10805 107 Ave, Edmonton location only.
» Learn How!
Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
february-lenses-sony The superbly crafted 20mm F2.8 (SAL20F28) super wide-angle lens offers approximately four times the imaging area of a standard 50mm lens. It has a 94º angle of view when mounted on a 35mm-format SLR and a 70º angle of view when mounted on an APS-C format digital SLR. At smaller apertures the depth of field is so great that this effectively becomes a 'panfocus' lens that can capture foreground and background elements with equal sharpness.
Superior optics suppress image aberration across the focusing range, from infinity in to the minimum shooting distance of just 25cm/9.8". A rear-focusing mechanism enables ultra-fast autofocusing for on-the-fly snapshots, while a circular 7-blade iris assures smooth background defocusing that really makes your subject stand out.
- Image circle format: 35mm (94º angle of view)
- Focal length equivalent when mounted on an APS-C format DSLR: approx. 30mm (70º angle of view)
- Lens configuration: 10 elements in 9 groups
- Aperture blades: 7 (circular aperture)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focus distance: 0.25m / 9-7/8"
- Max. magnification ratio: 0.13x
- Filter size: 72mm
- Lens hood: bayonet-mount petal
- Dimensions (max. diameter x length): 78 x 53.5mm / 3-1/16 x 2-1/8"
- Weight: approx. 285g / 10.1 oz
- Lens hood