Online stock levels are not available
for this item. Please contact us to verify.
Fast. Rugged. Mirrorless.
Imaging quality, performance, and versatility: the record values achieved by the Leica SL deliver clear proof that the mirrorless full-frame camera is the technology of the future. An outstanding performance profile is not the only thing that speaks for the Leica SL. The professional character of the camera is also defined by a control concept reduced to essentials, excellent handling, and extremely rugged resilience.
- Mirrorless – Imaging quality, speed, and extremely rugged resilience: with record values in all areas, the mirrorless Leica SL finally puts an end to the need for traditional single lens reflex technology. In fact, it delivers conclusive proof that the mirrorless, full-frame camera is the technology of the future.
- The EyeRes Viewfinder – The Leica SL is the world’s first camera conceived for professional photography to feature an electronic viewfinder. With a latency time below the threshold of perception and a resolution of 4.4 million pixels, this EyeRes viewfinder developed especially for the Leica SL offers an entirely new visual experience. As its image can be electronically brightened, the EyeRes viewfinder is superior to optical viewfinders in low or unfavorable light
- High-Speed Autofocus – Capturing the ideal moment is not only essential in sport photography. In combination with the LEICA APO VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8–4, the Leica SL has the fastest autofocus of any professional camera – including SLRs. The full travel of the lens, from infinity to its closest focusing distance, takes place in less than 110 milliseconds.
- 4K Video – The Leica SL is much more than a professional still-picture camera with video recording capability: it fulfills even the most stringent demands of moviemakers as a fully fledged video camera. This begins with a clear and simple handling concept that clearly separates still and motion picture functions and ends with HDMI 1.4 output.This allows professional videos to be output in 4:2:2 10-bit format with 4K cine resolution and the production of professional videos in combination with an HDMI recorder.
- Maestro II Processor – The exceptional speed of the Leica SL is down to the use of a Maestro II series high-performance processor. Thanks to this processor, the Leica SL achieves absolutely the best performance currently possible in the professional camera class and underlines the groundbreaking character of the camera. The Maestro II processor ensures that the camera responds instantaneously to every command. Every time.
- 24-Megapixel CMOS Sensor – The sensor of the Leica SL has 4000 × 6000 pixels with a pixel pitch of 6 × 6 µm on an active surface area with dimensions of 24 × 36 mm2. This means that you can depend on the imaging quality of a 35 mm, full-frame format. To ensure maximum image sharpness, Leica has intentionally left out the low-pass filter. At the same time, a specially designed pixel architecture ensures that more light falls on each individual photodiode. The result is impressive dynamic range, excellent contrast rendition, exceptional sharpness, the highest resolution, and noise-free images in almost all lighting conditions.
- Controls and Handling – The handling concept of the Leica SL is true to the Leica principle of concentration on essentials – “das Wesentliche.” As a result, the Leica SL can be used intuitively by any photographer. Fewer controls and sophisticated, clear menus let you find the settings you need much faster. Numerous functions can be controlled directly and customized according to your personal preferences.
- Rugged and Resilient – The Leica SL was conceived to fulfill the special needs of everyday professional photography. From the elaborate construction with the finest materials to the precise finishing of all its components. Its chassis, machined from a block of solid aluminum, weighs only 847 g and offers perfect protection for the sensitive components inside the camera. The use of numerous seals in the camera body, its control elements, and the Leica SL-Lenses makes it virtually impossible for dust, moisture, or water to get inside.
- Maximum Compatibility – With the Leica SL, the choice of lenses you can use is almost limitless. In addition to the lenses of the SL-System, Leica T/TL mount lenses can also be mounted on the camera without an adapter. Dedicated adapters provide access to many other excellent lenses from past and present Leica systems.
- Seamless Integration – The Leica SL is designed and constructed for seamless integration into existing working environments and work flows. Image data can be saved in the future-proof DNG (Digital Negative) format, the only manufacturer-independent, standardised format that does not rely on dedicated RAW converters. USB 3.0 enables fast and stable tethered shooting with the camera connected to a computer.
- Camera body
- Camera strap
- Lens mount cap
- Battery Charger with international adapter
- USB 3.0-cable
- Leica Lens cleaning tissue