A modern day update to a versatile, compact, and lightweight wide-angle lens, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is incredibly bright and offers image stabilization, superb image quality and construction perfect for use on any EOS digital camera. With a redesigned mechanical and optical structure, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM features a GMo aspherical lens element for high image quality with improved performance in the periphery. It incorporates a rear focus system and ring-type USM for faster, more precise autofocus performance. Full-time manual focus enables manual focusing while in AF mode, a micro-stepping drive provides quieter operation and a low speed focus drive delivers optimal results for video shooting. Canon Optical Image Stabilizer system delivers the equivalent effect of 4 stops and can detect normal shooting or panning, and automatically switches to the optimal IS mode. Compact and lightweight, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM has an 8-blade circular aperture diaphragm for soft backgrounds, a minimum focusing distance of 0.79 ft./0.24m, plus optimized lens coatings for minimized ghosting and flare.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm 1:2
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
- Focus Adjustment: Rear focusing system
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.79 ft. / 0.24m
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.1 x 2.5 inches, 11.8oz. / 77.9 x 62.6mm, 335g