Currently in stock
Item will ship in 1 - 2 business days
The dew on a flower. The colour of a cat's eye. The facets and sparkle of a diamond ring. Some ultra-close-up photos are difficult to capture with a standard lens. The compact EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM for EOS M series digital cameras is the world's lightest autofocus lens and the world's first macro lens with a built-in Macro Lite, designed to help new and more advanced users close in to capture these incredible details. The built-in, forward-facing Macro Lite helps illuminate hard-to-capture subjects for bright, vibrant photos showing off big, bold details. The world's first autofocus lens capable of focusing to infinity in normal shooting and Super Macro Mode provides magnification up to 1.2x, allowing for incredible close-up photography. While you're focusing that close, the Hybrid IS image stabilization helps keep the image sharp by helping to reduce blur due to camera shake. A lead screw-type STM stepping motor means the lens is smooth and quiet during operation. The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM opens up a whole new world of the macro for beginner and advanced users.
- World's lightest macro lens and features Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras
- World's first lens with a built-in Macro Lite which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension
- World's first autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos
- One UD lens and two aspherical lenses† help deliver outstanding results at all zoom settings by reducing chromatic aberration
- Equivalent to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) for flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes at macro distances and beyond
- Acute lens top shape helps provide accurate image capture even at short working distances
- Filter Size: Compatible only when hood attached, ?43mm (attaches to hood)