Fast aperture and unmistakable
The Summilux-M 1:1,4/28mm ASPH. is the first Leica lens which combines such a high aperture and focal length. It completes the high speed prime lens family. Thanks to its high sharpness in the focal plane and low depth of field, the image quality is unmistakable. In this way the subjects can be isolated from their surroundings with crystal clarity to create images with a unique visual signature. This makes it ideal for reportage photography and also for architecture and landscapes. The lens provides excellent imaging performance in all lighting situations. Notwithstanding these features it remains the perfect compact sized companion.
The lens consists of ten lenses in seven groups. It holds an aspherical lens-element and a floating element, which guarantee a high image quality to its minimum focusing distance of 0,7m. The lens ensures a superb colour correction with its three cemented elements and seven lens-elements with anomalous partial dispersion. Reaching from infinity to its minimum focusing distance the lens offers exceptional imaging performance with high contrasts across the complete focusing range.
- Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical): 75° / 65° / 46° (M8: 60° / 51° / 35°)
- Optical design: Number of lenses/groups: 10 / 7, Position of entrance pupil (from bayonet flange): 31,9 mm, Focus range: 0.7 m to ?
- Distance setting: Scales: Combined meter / graduation, Smallest object field: 526 mm x 789 mm (M8: 395 mm x 592 mm), Largest reproduction ratio: 1 : 21,9
- Aperture: Setting / Function: prefix with click-stops, half steps, Lowest value: 16
- Bayonet: Leica M quick-change bayonet
- Lens hood: External thread with stop for screw on lens hood (included)
- Filter mount: E49
- Length: approx. 81 mm / 67 mm (with / without lens hood) Largest Diameter: approx. 61 mm
- Weight: approx. 440 g
*Shipping options may vary depending on product availability, shipment size and shipping destination.