Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Digital Camera with PZ 14-42mm Lens
65th Anniversary Sale!
- Offers High Image Quality with High Speed Response Time: One of the newest compact system cameras (DSLM) cameras from Panasonic, the LUMIX G5 features a newly integrated 16.05-megapixel Live MOS sensor and redesigned Venus Engine to render clear, crisp images in both photo and video recording. Featuring a compact, light-weight body with built-in flash, the LUMIX G5 boasts ultra-high mobility while offering users a powerful camera performance which achieves spectacular image quality, realizing true-to-life photo details through excellent resolution, image rendering and color production.
- OPTIMAL BALANCE OF OPTICS AND PERFORMANCE: When used with the LUMIX G5, the full line of high-grade lens combines with its precision AF (Auto Focus) to achieve high resolutions, with an optimal balance of resolution and noise reduction to produce lifelike image rendering and high precision auto exposure and white balance for faithful color reproduction.
- GREATER RESULTS FORM NEW ADVANCED IMAGE PROCESSING: A redesigned Venus Engine features exceptionally advanced signal processing capabilities, producing clear, crisp images in both photo and video recording. The 3DNR detects smooth areas or edges in photos and adjusts the strength of noise reduction (stronger for smooth portion, milder for edge portion) to maintain object descriptiveness. The Multi-process NR quickly detects brightness in each part of a picture and applies optimal noise reduction in multiple steps. The newly incorporated HDR (High Dynamic Range) allows for several pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels to be overlaid, producing a single composite picture to eliminate over-exposure or under-exposure.
- INCORPORATING THE ADVANTAGE OF CONTRAST AUTO FOCUSING: Like all cameras in the LUMIX G series, the LUMIX G5 adopts Contrast AF (Auto Focus), so focusing is controlled by the image sensor. Compared with the Phase difference system AF, Contrast AF boasts higher accuracy, especially when shooting with a bright lens with small F value. To further advance the Contrast AF, the G5 incorporates full-area Touch AF, making it possible to set focus on any point in the field of view. Additionally, ultra high-speed Light Speed AF, quickly locks onto a subject, making it possible to capture even fast moving subjects clearly. Combined with Touch AF control and high-speed burst shooting at six frames per second in 16.05-megapixel full resolution, it has never been easier to capture fast-moving objects clearly.
- NEW ERGONOMICS AND FUNCTION LEVER FEATURE: The LUMIX G5 offers users simple operation controls with minimal stress, so users can concentrate on shooting. A newly added function lever conveniently located near the shutter release allows for direct adjustment of zoom, exposure or aperture control and can be used to magnify images in playback mode and page flip in menu mode. Additionally, the combination use of the function lever and turn-and-push rear dial allows users to adjust major shooting settings, accelerating the camera’s simple, intuitive operation.
- HIGH RESOLUTION LIVE VIEW FINDER WITH EYE SENSOR: The LUMIX G5’s large, bright 1,440,000-dot equivalent LVF (Live View Finder) retains outstanding viewability and features approximately 100% field of view. Suppressing color breakup, the LVF assure stunning image view for any subject or scene. The LVF is newly designed to integrate an eye sensor for the LUMIX G5, which allows image output between the LVF and LCD screen to be switched automatically with the eye sensor on the LVF (which features optional sensitivity of high, low and off). Additionally Eye Sensor AF (Auto Focus) automatically starts focusing when the photographer looks into the EVF to capture spur-of-the-moment shooting opportunities.
- INCREASED LCD DISPLAY RESOLUTION WITH TOUCH CONTROL INTERFACE: A large, 920,000-dot high resolution LCD screen with wide-viewing angle rotates 180 degrees to the side, tilts 270 degrees up and down and offers approximately 100% field of view. Touch screen operation on the LCD screen allows for simple shooting or playback of images and the new Touch Pad function enables the use of both LVF and LCD simultaneously, which encourages more intuitive shooting. Lag time of image output has been minimized by approximately 18% compared to the LUMIX G5’s predecessor, the LUMIX G3, making it easier to monitor fast-moving subjects. The Level Gauge give the camera the ability to automatically detect the horizontal or vertical angle of view so that photos shot in a portrait aspect will automatically be displayed vertically, no matter what lens is used. The newly added Electronic Shutter mode allows silent operation which is helpful in areas where silence is needed.
- GREATER CREATIVE FUNCTIONALITY WITH 14 ADJUSTABLE FILTERS: Creative Control Mode has been upgraded in the LUMIX G5 with an increase of filter options from six options to 14, adding Soft Focus, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter, in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, Hi Dynamic, Miniature Effect*5 modes. With the new GUI menu tab, switching filter effects is seamless.
- LET THE G5 RECOMMEND A FILTER FOR YOU: A preview of filter effects can be seen on the large LCD screen via Live View mode and the camera intuitively recommends filters depending on the scene that the camera detects in iA (Intelligent Auto) or iA Plus mode. Furthermore, iA Plus mode allows users to adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control while activating automatic shoot assist functions such as AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent D-range Control, Face Recognition and Intelligent Scene Selector.
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY SCENE GUIDES ENABLE PROFESSIONAL RESULTS: For beginner users of interchangeable lens system cameras, the LUMIX G5 features the new Scene Guide which offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers. Users can choose the photo closest to the situation that they are shooting and optimal parameters for shooting the scene will be set automatically. Additionally, procedures, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens options for the scene can be shown to allow users to better understand and learn photography.
- FULL HD 1080 60P VIDEO CAPTURE: Not only does the LUMIX G5 produce stunning still imagery, but it also records high quality video. With the ability to record high-resolution full-HD 1,920x1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4) or MP4*9 format, subjects with fast motion and fine details are reproduced clearly. In addition to practical full-time AF, the Touch AF in video recording also lets the user enjoy professional-like selective focusing which allows the focus to be shifted while shooting video and AF Tracking easily locks onto a subject to focus, even when it moves. The Extra Tele Conversion function extends zoom range Max 4.8x without deterioration of image quality. The LUMIX G5 features a dedicated video record button on the top of the camera body so users can instantly start recording videos while shooting photographs without changing any settings. The camera can also take photos while recording video live just by hitting the shutter button. Along with full-HD video capabilities, the LUMIX G5 also features high-quality sound, recorded with Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator and noise from background wind is minimized with the Wind Cut function.
What's in the box?
- Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Rear Cap
- Battery Charger
- Battery Pack
- USB Connection Cable
- Shoulder Strap
For more information, visit http://panasonic.ca