Sony Alpha NEX-7 Interchangeable Lens Camera with 18-55mm Lens
July is Sony Monthsony-month-cscs
So much more than a pocket camera, the 24.3MP NEX-7 exceeds expectations. Get performance that would give most DSLRs camera envy, including interchangeable lenses, a 2359K dot Tru-Finder™ OLED electronic viewfinder, up to 10fps shooting, and outstanding Tri-Navi™ 3-dial manual control. Record amazing HD movies in super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution.6 Enjoy the stunning imagery the AVCHD codec delivers or use the MP4 codec for smaller file sizes and easier upload to the web. With the same APS-C sensor size as a DSLR, a higher resolution than most DSLRs and the interchangeable lenses that make DSLRs so attractive, the NEX-7 is still just about half the weight and half the size as its DSLR counterparts.
- DSLR quality in your pocket: Here’s the same APS-C sensor size as a DSLR, with higher resolution than most DSLRs and the interchangeable lenses that make DSLRs so attractive. Yet the camera is about half the size and weight of a typical DSLR camera. Removing the conventional mirror box and viewfinder makes it possible.
- Up to 10 fps shooting: Capture the decisive moment in sports and get the ideal baby photo. Up to 10 fps continuous shooting at full 24.3 MP resolution with exposure and focus fixed at the first frame. Standard continuous shooting at up to 2.5 fps.
- HD movies with full manual control: Now you don’t need to surrender control when you shoot HD movies. Enjoy the full expressive potential of Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority or Manual (P/A/S/M) control in HD movie mode.
- Hot shoe for system flashes: Take your photography even further with access to the entire range of Sony system flashes and flash accessories.
- Tiltable 3.0" LCD: Sony's 3.0” Xtra Fine LCD™ monitor has 921K dots for superb resolution. The TruBlack™ screen includes a special resin layer to suppress internal reflections, increasing contrast compared to conventional LCDs. Sunny Weather mode boosts visibility even further. Tilts down 45° and up 80° to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss.
- Accepts Sony® E-mount lenses: Compatible with Sony’s expanded line of E Mount lenses. These smaller, lighter lenses are specifically designed for ? compact interchangeable lens cameras. Opens up a world of creative options.
- Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
- P/A/S/M modes for video and stills: Enjoy a full range of controls for video and still shooting from the beginner's iAUTO mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control.
- BIONZ® image processor: The brain of the camera is a Sony’s BIONZ® image processor substantially upgraded for the demands of 24.3 megapixel photography. Chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 16000 sensitivity. Also enables fast processing for up to 10 fps continuous shooting of data-intensive 24.3 MP images, 2D/3D Sweep Panorama™ modes and 6-image layering.
- 25-point Auto Focus: 25 sensors cover a very wide area of the scene, for accurate focusing even when the subject is far from the center of the frame.
- Sony Exmor™ CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor™ technology uses column-parallel A/D converters for high resolution and high frame rates. Double noise reduction minimizes image noise, even in low light.
- 24.3 MP; best-in-class resolution: You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements thanks to a 24.3 megapixel sensor. It’s the highest resolution among pocket cameras as of August 2011.
- DSLR-class APS C image sensor: Sensor size is the key to picture quality. The APS C class sensor provides gorgeous imaging with 58% more area than Micro Four-Thirds sensors and an amazing 13 times the area of a point & shoot image sensor.
- Tri-Navi™ manual control: Perfect for experienced shooters, Tri-Navi control gives you three separate control dials for direct, hands-on access to three settings at a time. As just one example, the dials can set aperture, exposure compensation and ISO.
- Accepts A Mount lenses via adaptors: Both the LA-EA1 and EA2 adapters (sold separately) allow you to attach the full range of Sony A mount lenses.
- Object Tracking AF: Locks onto a specified object and maintains focus even as the subject moves. Unpredictable subjects stay in focus even while zooming. You can concentrate on composition without worrying about focus.
- Peaking function: Manual focus becomes much easier because peaking highlights the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors (white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where your focus setting can make or break your shot.
- 6-image layering: Leverages the fast BIONZ® processor to capture six images in a fraction of a second, and then combine the data. The result is an incredible single image that controls blur in Anti-Motion Blur mode or gets cleaner, sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
- Intelligent Auto Focus: Pre-focuses as you compose the shot, further reducing focusing time to a bare minimum.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO): Improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- HDMI® output: Enjoy HD movies and stunning still images on a compatible HDTV.9 The camera includes an HDMI® output.
- 11 Picture Effect modes: Discover innovative ways to make your images and videos pop. These include Posterization, Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color, Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature.
- World’s first OLED viewfinder: There’s never been anything quite like the Tru-Finder™ OLED electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. This eye-level, through-the-lens, viewfinder begins with 2359K dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail.
- Full HD Movies6 at 60p/60i/24p: Capture HD Movies in your choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution.6 AVCHD™ codec delivers stunning picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web.
- Built-in pop-up flash: Enjoy the convenience of flash photography everywhere you go. Guide Number 6.
- Phase Detect AF with adaptor: The LA-EA2 lens mount adaptor (sold separately) is the world’s first with Sony’s award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology. This provides super-fast and accurate Phase Detection AF when used with Sony A mount lenses.
- World’s shortest release time lag: Helps ensure that the image you want is the image you get. Once auto focus occurs, release time lag is the delay between fully pressing the shutter release and when the camera actually starts taking the picture. Long lag makes it harder to capture fast-moving objects. The Sony NEX-7 boasts the shortest release time in the world (as of August 2011) at only 0.02 seconds.
- 3D Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television. Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
- Auto HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography captures more scene contrast than a single exposure can handle by combining the best highlight detail from one shot and the best shadow detail from another for one incredible shot. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- iAUTO mode: Unifies and simplifies Sony intelligent technologies. Takes advantage of Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization without leaving auto mode so you always get the best shot.
- Accepts non-Sony lenses via adaptor: You can use the camera with a universe of lenses from Canon, Nikon, Leica, Olympus and others. The success of Sony’s NEX series, combined with the ultra-short 18 mm flange back distance has inspired third-party manufacturers to provide lens adaptors. In addition, Sony has disclosed the E Mount specification to Carl Zeiss, Cosina, Sigma and Tamron.
- Stamina™ battery power for up to 400 shots: Take up to 400 shots on a single charge with Sony® lithium ion Stamina™ battery power (using LCD monitor).5 Sony's InfoLITHIUM® battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
- Ultrasonic anti-dust system: Dust on the image sensor leads to blemishes in the picture. To protect the sensor, Sony incorporates an advanced ultrasonic system, which effectively shakes dust off the sensor surface.
What's in the box?
- Body cap
- Shoulder strap
- BC-VW1 Battery Charger
- Body Cleaning cloth
- Accessory shoe cap
- NP-FW50 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- USB cable (Mini B)
- Eyepiece cup
For more information, visit http://sonystyle.ca