Sony Alpha NEX-5N Digital Camera (black) with 18-55mm Lens
It's all the performance of a DSLR in about half the size and half the weight. Get a perfectly pocket-sized 16.1MP interchangeable lens camera made for capturing beautiful stills on the go at up to 10 frames per second. Record in Full HD 1080/60p or 24p video, take astonishing pictures in low-light with the large Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor or get beautiful panoramic shots in 2D or 3D. Put control at your fingertips with the highly responsive, conveniently tiltable 3.0" Live View touch screen LCD.
- DSLR quality in your pocket: This is the world’s smallest interchangeable lens digital still camera using a large APS-C size sensor (as of Aug 2011). The removal of the conventional mirror box and viewfinder results in a camera body that is about half the size and weight of a standard DSLR camera.
- Up to 10 fps shooting: Capture the decisive moment in sports and get the ideal baby photo. Up to 10 fps continuous shooting at full 16.1 MP resolution. Standard continuous shooting speeds vary based upon shooting conditions and memory card speeds.
- 16.1 MP Exmor™ APS HD CMOS image sensor: You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Thanks to the APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor™ APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution with no penalty in low-light sensitivity or sensor noise.
- Full HD movie shooting 60p/24p: Record Full HD 1920x1080 video in a variety of frame rates from 60p for super smooth action to 24p for a more cinematic feel.1 The NEX-5N utilizes the AVCHD™ codec, the industry standard for high quality HD video capture, as well as the MP4 codec for easy upload to the web due to it’s smaller file size.
- Photo Creativity Touch: The Photo Creativity interface enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression through direct photographic control in an easy to use interface. Changes can be combined/removed and viewed in real time on the LCD making it a breeze to make adjustments.
- Tiltable 3.0" Touch LCD: Sony's 3.0” Xtra Fine LCD™ monitor has 921K dots for superb resolution. The TruBlack™ screen includes a special resin layer to suppress internal reflections, increasing contrast compared to conventional LCDs. Sunny Weather mode boosts visibility even further in bright sunlight. Tilts down 45° and up 80° to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss.
- Object Tracking AF via Touch LCD: Object Tracking AF can lock onto a specified object and maintain focus even as the subject moves. This hassle-free mode allows unpredictable subjects to stay in focus even while zooming. Letting you concentrate on the scene and composition without having to worry about focus. The subject on which to lock focus is easily selected via the touch screen or the center button of the control wheel.
- World’s shortest release time lag (0.02 sec): In photography, shutter lag, or release time, is the delay between triggering the shutter by fully depressing the shutter button and when the photograph is actually recorded. By initiating the exposure electronically instead of with the traditional shutter mechanism, release time on the NEX-5N is reduced to just 20 milliseconds - helping you to capture the decisive moment.
- Optional XGA OLED viewfinder: The optional FDA-EV1S OLED Tru-Finder? offers a large, bright and wide-view of the scene. With high resolution 2.395K dot, and unprecedented speed, contrast and color accuracy, the FDA-EV1S provides an extraordinary view.
- 11 Picture Effect modes: There are 11 picture effects modes to choose from: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal, Cool, Warm, Green, Magenta), Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature. Each is unique and each gives you a new and exciting way to make your images and videos pop.
- Peaking AF display: The Peaking AF display makes precise manual focusing much easier by highlighting the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors ( white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where your focal plane can make or break your shot.
- 3D Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television. Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
- Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together. Up to 23 MP image size. Up to 202 degrees maximum sweep angle (16mm focal length).
- 6-image layering: The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. The camera then combines the data from the 6 different images to create a single image. This method is used to control blur in Anti-Motion Blur mode or to get cleaner, sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
- Auto HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography captures more scene contrast than a single exposure can handle by combining the best highlight detail from one shot and the best shadow detail from another for one incredible shot. Until recently, you needed a computer and editing software. Sony builds HDR in. Handles severe backlighting and other high-contrast scenes. Captures in a split second. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- P/A/S/M operating modes: The NEX-5N offers a full range of controls for video and still shooting from the beginner's iAUTO mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control.
- Intelligent Auto Focus: Pre-focuses as you compose the shot, further reducing focusing time to a bare minimum.
- iAUTO mode: Unifies and simplifies Sony intelligent technologies. Takes advantage of Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization without leaving auto mode so you always get the best shot.
- BIONZ® image processor: The brain of the camera is a refined version of Sony’s BIONZ® image processor. Its chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 25600 sensitivity. Also enables fast processing for up to 10 fps continuous shooting of data-intensive 16.1 megapixel images, 2D/3D Sweep Panorama™ modes and 6 image layering.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO): Dynamic Range Optimizer improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- Accepts Sony® E-mount lenses: Compatible with Sony’s E-mount series of smaller, lighter lenses designed specifically for compact interchangeable lens cameras. Opens up a world of creative options.
- 25-point Auto Focus: 25 sensors cover a very wide area of the scene, for accurate focusing even when the subject is far from the center of the frame.
- HDMI® output: Enjoy HD movies and stunning still images on a compatible HDTV. The camera includes an HDMI® output.
- Stamina™ battery power for up to 430 shots: Take up to 430 shots on a single charge with Sony® lithium ion Stamina™ battery power. Sony's InfoLITHIUM® battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
What's in the box?
- SEL1855 E-mount 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 lens
- NP-FW50 Lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Case for flash
- Lens cap
- Shoulder strap
- Lens hood
- Body cap
- BC-VW1 Battery Charger
- USB cable (Mini B)
For more information, visit http://sonystyle.ca
Please contact us to verify
Store stock changes daily, please call to verify availability