Currently Out of Stock
The adventure never stops with the RICOH WG-30W. Equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, uploading your fun online has never been easier. Impress your family and friends with this rugged camera that is waterproof, shockproof and coldproof. This dependable camera is packed with a 16.0 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, as well as advanced imaging technologies and an impressive 5X optical zoom lens. Don’t miss out on the adventure with the all-new WG-30W.
- Heavy-duty construction for underwater shooting down to 12 meters deep, for up to two continuous hours – The solid, airtight body of the WG-30W is not only waterproof to a depth of 12 meters and for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX 8 or JIS Class 8), but also shockproof against falls from a height of approximately 1.5 meters, dustproof (equivalent to IPX 6 or JIS Class 6), freeze-proof to temperatures as low as ?10°C, and crushproof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram force). Thanks to this dependable, heavy-duty construction, the WG-30W performs superbly and dependably in harsh, demanding outdoor conditions.
- New back-illuminated CMOS image sensor and imaging engine – The WG-30W is equipped with a state-of-the-art 16 effective megapixel, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, which assures excellent image resolution and high-sensitivity, low-noise characteristics Coupled with a newly designed imaging engine, this image sensor delivers a top sensitivity of ISO 6400. It also provides advanced image processing functions, made possible by the latest super-resolution technology, to assure sharp, clear, high-resolution images. It offers such innovative features as Handheld Night Snap mode, which automatically captures four images of the same nighttime scene and produces a single blur-free composite image from them.
- Wi-Fi connection to support remote operation using smartphones – The WG-30W provides a host of Wi-Fi functions, including remote shutter release, review of recorded images, and setting of multiple shooting functions. The user can also browse and download recorded images onto a smartphone, then upload them to share with family and friends.
- High-quality images made possible by advanced imaging technologies and a 5X optical zoom lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage – The WG-30W features a high-performance, five-times optical zoom lens with a focal-length coverage from 5mm to 25mm (equivalent to approx. 28mm wide angle to approx. 140mm medium telephoto in the 35mm format) to accommodate a wide range of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes. It also features other convenient shooting functions, such as a macro mode to capture dramatic close-up images from a minimum distance of a mere one centimeter; an Intelligent Zoom function to extend the zoom range to approximately 36 times (equivalent to 1008mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality for high-quality super-telephoto photography; and an interval shooting mode, which will capture multiple images of a scene over a set time. Specifically designed for underwater photography, the Mermaid and Mermaid Movie modes are programmed to optimize colour and contrast based on the data of images and movies actually captured under the water. These modes deliver beautiful, true-to-life images by enhancing shades of red which are often lost in underwater photography, while effectively compensating for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light in the water.
- Six Macro Lights to assist close-up shooting, with a Self-Portrait Assist mode – With six LED Macro Lights positioned around the circumference of the lens barrel for macro shooting, the WG-30W provides bright, uniform illumination on the subject when the Digital Microscope mode is selected. Thanks to these Macro Lights, the user can clearly see on the camera’s LCD monitor a magnified view of the microscopic world undetectable by the naked eye, and effortlessly capture eye-catching images. In order to minimize camera shake and subject, the Instant Illumination Enhance function allows for the use of a higher shutter speed by automatically raising the illumination level of the Macro Lights at the moment of shutter release. The Macro Lights also provide other useful functions, such as Self-Portrait Assist mode, which uses the blink of an LED lamp to check if the subject’s face is safely captured within the picture frame, and the LED Lighting mode that uses the Macro Lights as a lighting device in the dark.
- Full HD movie recording for extended shooting of high-quality movies – The WG-30W provides Full HD movie recording employing the H.264 recording format, allowing the user to capture high-quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 proportions) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. It also features a high-speed camera function for slow-motion playback of captured movie clips, and an interval movie function that will give a time-lapse effect. A micro-HDMI terminal (Type D) is also provided on the camera body for simultaneous output of Full HD movie clips and sound to external audio-visual devices.
- Pixel Track SR mechanism – When recording still images, this advanced shake-reduction mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake by digitally processing images.
- Digital SR mode – When the camera detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, this mode automatically raises the sensitivity up to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed and effectively minimize the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake under poor lighting conditions.
- Movie SR mode – During movie recording, this mode effectively compensates for the misalignment of images caused by camera shake through the use of exclusive software to produce beautiful, blur-free movie clips.
- 2.7-inch, wide-screen LCD monitor – The WG-30W comes equipped with a large, 2.7-inch LCD monitor with horizontally extended 16:9 proportions and approximately 230,000 dots. Its AR (Anti-Reflection) coating minimizes annoying glare and reflections to assure a sharp, clear on-screen image even in the harsh sunshine often encountered during outdoor shooting.
- High-speed Face Detection function to capture as many as 32 faces in focus in approximately 0.03 seconds (minimum); Smile Capture function to automatically release the shutter when the subject’s smile is detected
- Outdoor-friendly Style Watch function to display the time on the LCD monitor, using an extended push of the OK button when the camera’s power is turned off
- Auto Picture mode to automatically select the most appropriate shooting mode from 16 different scene modes
- A choice of 12 digital filters
- A range of WG-series mount accessories (optional) to accommodate diverse camera setups