68years-cscs-sony Focus at the speed of sight
Superior speed, response, and quality in a compact body
Stay true to your aim with the world's fastest (0.05s) autofocus with the world's most (425) phase-detection AF points, exemplary image quality and the ultimate in 4K recording.
Explore the next dimension
Advanced 4D FOCUS tracks even fast-moving subjects quickly and precisely.
See incredible image quality
New image sensor delivers images with less noise within a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 51200
Experience professional movie functions
Record the ultimate resolution in 4K movie quality and enjoy other movie functions favoured by professionals.
AF evolution accelerates
The world's fastest2 (0.05s) autofocus, featuring the world's most (425) phase-detection AF points, and High-density Tracking AF Technology take 4D FOCUS farther.
World's most (425) phase-detection AF points
Denser phase-detection AF point coverage
With an incredible 425 focal plane phase-detection AF points densely positioned over the entire image area, this comprehensive AF point coverage ensures that no subject escapes its attention.
Preserve more peak moments
High-speed continuous shooting clarifies climactic action
Ensure clear coverage of crucial moments. Choose continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking up to 11fps, or up to 8fps with live view featuring minimal display lag on the EVF or LCD screen.
Extra image sensor perception
Raising resolution and efficiency
With a new lower copper wiring layer and processing circuitry that improves light collection efficiency, the image sensor expands sensitivity range up to ISO 51200 with reduced noise.
For the ultimate resolution in 4K movie recording
Full pixel readout without pixel binning (approx. 2.4x (6K equivalent) as much image data condensed to 4K) achieves the ultimate in 4K movie resolution and realism.
Advance your moviemaking ambitions
Run the gamut of greater range and refinement
Newly employed S-Gamut/S-Log enable wide dynamic range (max. 1,300%) shooting for more expressive moviemaking in post-production. The ?6300 even offers 14-stop latitude at S-Log setting.
High-bit-rate XAVC S format
XAVC S format allows 4K recording (24p, 25p, 30p) and Full 120fps high-speed shooting (120p) at up to 100 Mbps bit rate to capture detailed movies with minimal compression noise.
Enhanced operability and reliability
With advanced, reliable, easy-to-use functions in a robust magnesium alloy body, the ?6300 rises to new heights of professional-class performance.
Preview and monitor exactly what you aim for
The new high-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ offers spectacular views, especially when new high-frame-rate 120fps mode is selected to display smoother action for easier tracking.
Now, it's even easier to share what you shoot
Use Wi-Fi®/NFC/QR code for seamless, simple connections
Wireless links via Near Field Communication (and now, via QR code, for those without NFC-enabled smartphones) make it easy to transfer image data from the ?6300 to mobile devices.
Backup to Sony's secure cloud service and access your photos and videos from any devices.
PlayMemories Camera Apps™
This application broadens your photographic horizons by letting you add more functions to the camera.
Wide-ranging accessories meet every need
Professional level options open up new possibilities. Further expand your shooting pleasure and give your photography a professional edge with accessories specially designed for this model.
Capture One Express (for Sony)
One of the world's best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colours and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable integrated solution.
- The ?6300 is the flagship APS-C mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera from Sony featuring the world's fastest2 0.05s. AF with the most phase-detection AF points (425), Exmor® CMOS sensor with 24.2 effective megapixels, extra-wide ISO 100–51200 sensitivity range, enhanced 4K movie recording, and XGA OLED Tru-Finder™.
- The world's fastest (0.052 sec.) AF with the world's most (425) 7 phase-detection AF points
- Newly developed 24.2 megapixel Exmor® CMOS image sensor
- BIONZ X™ image processing engine
- Wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 51200
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout/no pixel binning
- LENS COMPATIBILITY: Sony E-mount lenses
- SENSOR TYPE: APS-C
- SENSOR: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm) Exmor® CMOS sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE): Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- ISO SENSITIVITY: Still images: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- BATTERY LIFE (CIPA, STILL IMAGES): Approx. 350 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 400 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- VIEWFINDER TYPE: XGA OLED, 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- SCREEN TYPE: 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- Shoulder strap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- 16-50mm Lens
- 55-210mm Lens