Special Order ItemPlease allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, cancellations or returns subject to 20% restocking fee.
- Black and white goes digital – Countless iconic black and white moments have been captured by the cameras of the Leica M-System. The time has come to go digital: the Leica M Monochrom is the world’s first digital 35 mm format camera to capture true black and white images. Fine clarity and dynamics make it the perfect tool for all who are passionate about monochrome photography.
- Incomparably sharp – The M Monochrom features a new full-frame, 35 mm format sensor with a full native resolution of 18 megapixels. It only records true luminance values, thereby delivering true black and white photographs and enabling photographers to capture images with greater brilliance, superior sharpness, enhanced contrast, and finer resolution than that of medium format.
- Low image noise – Very low image noise and finest resolution of details in shadows and highlights are achieved over the full sensitivity range. Razor-sharp images with finest grain are delivered from ISO 320 to ISO 10000. A bright rangefinder and no mirror shake make the M Monochrom ideal for available-light photography.
- Complete image control – The Leica M Monochrom satisfies the expectations of discerning users with a raw data histogram for the precise control of tonal values. The difference from conventional histograms is that it displays unprocessed and unmodified raw data. The combination of this with a configurable clipping display allows precise correction or optimisation of exposures.
- Monochrome work flow – Buyers benefit from a free online download option for these two software packages: Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4, a professional work flow solution and Silver Efex Pro 2™, the world's leading black-and-white image processing software. Both offer an impressive collection of unique and powerful tools for the creation of high quality black and white images.