Sony Alpha A57 DSLR with 18-55mm Lens
Shoot like you mean it with top-of-the-line Translucent Mirror Technology that makes it possible to focus and shoot simultaneously for fast, precise performance, while continuous auto focus makes the shots you're getting at up to 10 fps worthy of the inspirational moments they capture. Switch it up Tele-zoom High Speed mode and get up to an even faster 12 fps with continuous AF. Achieve stunning stills that can be blown-up to beautifully frame worthy enlargements thanks to the 16.1MP Exmor® APS HD CMOS sensor. Choose to record precious memories in either 1080/60p/24p AVCHD™ format or a more web-friendly 1080/30p MP4 format and relive the moment for years to come. Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder makes it easy to view setting adjustments in real time, resulting in better shot composition and better photos.
- Translucent Mirror Technology: Other DSLRs can shoot. Or they can focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF. They cannot do both at once. The SLT-A57, with Translucent Mirror Technology™, directs light to both the image sensor and the Phase Detection AF sensor simultaneously.
- Clear Image Zoom: Utilizing Sony’s exclusive By Pixel Super Resolution Technology, Clear Image Zoom increases the effective focal length of your lens up to 2x by digitally magnifying the center of your image with nearly imperceptible degradation. It virtually doubles the effective focal length of whatever lens you’re using providing greater shooting flexibility.
- Eye-Level Electronic Viewfinder: The Tru-finder™ Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) is super bright, easy to see with 1.04x magnification, ultra-sharp with 1.44 million dots (effective) and provides 100% frame coverage. Exposure preview and informative overlays make operation easy.
- SteadyShot INSIDE™ stabilization: Image stabilization reduces blur by compensating for camera shake. SteadyShot INSIDE™ image stabilization is built into the camera body itself. You'll reduce blur with every A-mount lens because it provides compensation equivalent to approximately 2.5 – 4.5 steps in shutter speed, allowing for more hand held opportunities in low light or longer focal lengths.
- Multi-frame NR: Experience incredible low-light shooting without a flash. The camera captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six, it creates a single image with a reduction in noise equivalent to two additional steps of ISO sensitivity. Sensitivity selectable up to ISO 25600. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- 3D Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television.3 Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
- Up to 12 fps Tele-Zoom High Speed Shooting: By capturing the center 2/3 of the image sensor (8.4MP), Tele-zoom high speed shooting brings the action closer with a 1.4x effective increase of focal length. Shoot up to an incredible 12 frames per second with continuous auto focus and auto exposure to capture the decisive moment.
- Auto Portrait Framing: Simply photograph a person and Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in portrait or landscape orientation. Combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides beautifully composed and appealingly balanced full resolution portraits.
- Tilt/swivel 3” LCD screen: Tilt it up or down to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss. Tilt and swivel under the camera for self-portraits. Fold it flush to the camera with the LCD exposed for shooting or protected for travel.
- 15-point Auto Focus: To maximize the value of Translucent Mirror Technology, Sony incorporates Phase Detection AF of great sophistication. Three cross sensors maximize precision.
- Hand-held Twilight: Get cleaner and sharper nighttime pictures—beyond the capability of traditional cameras—without using flash or a tripod. The camera captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data with separate algorithms for still and moving parts of the picture reduces blur, minimizes noise and enables extraordinary detail.
- Picture Effects: Ordinary scenes become extraordinary photos and movies with Picture Effects. Choose from 11 modes and 15 effects that significantly increase visual impact by adjusting camera parameters and applying advanced processing techniques.
- Up to 10 fps @ 16.1MP capture: Shoot up to 10 frames per second in incredible detail with the 16.1 megapixel Sony® Exmor® APS HD CMOS sensor, the camera achieves high resolution with no penalty in low-light sensitivity or sensor noise.
- Full HD 1080/60p/24p movies1: This is one of the very few DSLRs with super smooth 1080/60p/24p Full HD recording capability. Records in your choice of 1080/60p AVCHD™ format or in PC-friendly 1080/30p MP4 format.1
- Auto HDR built into camera: Captures more scene dynamic range than a single exposure can handle—and more range than photo film. Combines the best highlight detail from one shot, the best mid-tones from a second and the best shadow detail from a third for one incredible shot. Captures in a split second. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- Object Tracking AF: Using the 15-point autofocus sensor and Sony’s subject recognition technologies, Object Tracking AF can maintain accurate focus on your subject even when it changes position in the frame.
- Sweep Panorama™ Mode: Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter and sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together. Up to 23 MP image size.
What's in the box?
- Battery Charger (BC-VW10A)
- Body Cap
- Rechargable Battery (NP-FM500H)
- Eyepiece Cup
- Shoulder Strap
- USB Cable
For more information, visit http://sonystyle.ca
Please contact us to verify
Store stock changes daily, please call to verify availability